pt756

another wedge question thanks

16 hours ago, pt756 said:

well tried again after milking longer pipe now made a few small turns then stopped, got sawzall out and started cutting them in half. just got get some better blades tomorrow.

Probably best way cut one in half with saws all. We have had bolt get stuck in wedge and not move . Usually cut head off of bolt and get them to go. Lucky enough to learn some good torch operating techniques over the years. 

hello stopped at Fastenal they gave me some carbide tipped blades claim will cut thru torsion spring thanks for help toughest ones I have ever had,

4 hours ago, WaynefromWi said:

Try warming it up and melt wax into the threads.  The wax will penetrate the threads much further than penetrating oils will.  Oils will burn off, not get into the threads. 

Anybody I've asked that actually tried this says it doesn't work as advertised... The wax just makes a mess and when you finally get things apart the threads are as dry as a popcorn fart.

• Like 1

hello just tried one of those carbide blades it really cuts.

2 minutes ago, pt756 said:

hello just tried one of those carbide blades it really cuts.

sweet  , now knock it out of the park lol 

hello again it finally let loose that diablo blade from Fastenal  cut right thru the wedge , tried after milking probably took 10 minutes to cut a kerf in it on the outside. then hit the bolt head with a 3 pound mall and they are both loose. almost seemed easier then trying to  melt it out with torch, thanks for all the ideas. now I wish dairy was a bit better, wanted to put 18.4 by 42 tires on , now it has 20.8 by 38,