Yar cab

gafarm49

Ok I'm about to start on the ac on this qt-1 cab. It got a neat simple setup. The console has two tabs and the whole unit drops down. Mine didn't have ac but has the holes for the switches. It doesn't look like there's room for an ac core but I could be wrong. Any leads to finding a core and drip tray for mine or do I need a different console?

1 hour ago, gafarm49 said:

Ok I'm about to start on the ac on this qt-1 cab. It got a neat simple setup. The console has two tabs and the whole unit drops down. Mine didn't have ac but has the holes for the switches. It doesn't look like there's room for an ac core but I could be wrong. Any leads to finding a core and drip tray for mine or do I need a different console?

IIRC YAR used a seperate housing that mounted on the back of the cab for the AC evaporator, dryer and such. Google year a Round QT1 with air, easy to find a picture or 2

Rick

1 minute ago, gafarm49 said:

I would like to put a core in this one and run hoses to the original compressor, if I can

Yea I understand but you ask about space and I know a little about the QT1 cabs, got 3 of em here. One with the optional AC stuff, not for sale! SIL and I may yet put AC on the 1206

Rick

Put the confessor up front use one off a 86 series have to get oil cooler too. Did this on my 10 with honoree can believe it or not but I think the confessor off a Ih may work 

10 hours ago, Big Steve said:

Eagle air made a kit to go into a 66 series cab and I think they made one for a QT1 cab also.

Dad had Eagle Air added to the Exel cab on his 1256 in the mid seventies.  The evaporator fit neatly into the factory Exel overhead console. The compressor mounted on the right side of the tractor is why it is not visible in this photo.  That AC worked great.

Image may contain: sky

• 3 weeks later...

I am interested in what you do. I have a QT1 on my 766 diesel and want to add A/C as well. Figured I would add the condenser up front like a 86 series, and use a evaporator from a 86 series or maybe the IH Deluxe cab. Would have to manufacture a drip pan and some ducting to install the evaporator in the YAR overhead console.

i would look at the red dot ac units at  HaroldElectric in Walla Walla WA they have new top cab complete units and all kinds of components. I have put together a couple of AC units in my career and AG machinery is pretty demanding for good rugged parts. Have ran Mark IV rooftop, SGM rooftop both on IHC 856's and built a setup for a IH 806 once but used a auto AC unit and had pretty good luck. The top unit was by far the simplest and neatest unless you are running a Hesston Stakhand and then they all take a lot of maintenance.

Archived