SuperWD9

Tractors that weren’t made but should have been.

14 hours ago, dale560 said:

Didn’t say all  International products. I would have liked these white Oliver prototypes.  White prototype engine with Rear timing gear train and frame notches already in the very early 70s. Two speed power shift  and synchro Tran like the  88series and they had a IVT trans mission in one. It just goes to show other companies were outside the box also.

A55BBE6E-6E80-47C6-B42D-C5B7CE9E4D54.png

That tractor looks all but identical to a 70 series Case Agri-King.

• Like 1

Image of this would have hit the market in the late 60s.  Just for comparison I checked the Neb tests for the 6030 and the most it put out was just over 15,000 lbs of pull although I’m betting most 6030s could do better then that since they were underrated.

467DA30F-20E4-496E-AD01-7987E10F8119.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Big Bud guy said:

Image of this would have hit the market in the late 60s.  Just for comparison I checked the Neb tests for the 6030 and the most it put out was just over 15,000 lbs of pull although I’m betting most 6030s could do better then that since they were underrated.

467DA30F-20E4-496E-AD01-7987E10F8119.jpeg

Thanks for putting this one up also.

16 minutes ago, Ihcubguy said:

That tractor looks all but identical to a 70 series Case Agri-King.

I imagine that engineers from one company went to another fairly easily with their ideas inside their brain.

2147229798_7140articulated.jpg.083555bbab5410df83102db6b02415c4.jpg

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, bitty said:

We had two 1586s  and a 1566 and we had an Allis 7060. I can imagine the 7080 would ever compare anywhere near the 15xx model. Every Allis we had had 0% torque rise. Maybe the 6030 had them beat but not the pumpkin

We had a guy with a  Allis 210 turned up that would pull everything his 7080 would and the old girl held up

and how would you get that IH power to the ground? 1586 was the limit for 2 wd IMHO.

Allis didn't have a FWA until the 8070 and that model was less hp than the 7080

IH had the 2+2 coming out in 1979 that would out  pull a 7080  ( 2+2 with less HP)

not that the 1866 was a bad idea  after all its a fantasy thread

I like what IH had but just move every series up 5 years sooner and they would still be here 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, dale560 said:

I imagine that engineers from one company went to another fairly easily with their ideas inside their brain.

my first job right out of high school was at White Farm Equipment in the factory. I had to sign an agreement that any idea or design I came up with was their property. I don't remember all the details or duration of the agreement because I was a kid and didn't know squat. I think it was due to the mess IH and New Holland got into over the twin rotor. I am sure you were right in the 60s but after that problem I doubt they jumped around as much once the companies locked them up on paper

656 or 544 with hi-low and a 4 speed with hydraulic TA instead of the 5 speed and mechanical TA.

560 with an upgraded 4 cylinder gas engine maybe 4 cylinder 300 ci.  Never did care for that 263 6 cylinder gas.  Liked the rest of the tractor.

45x6 and 47x6 with the 817 inline 6 instead of the V8.  And maybe with a torque converter instead of a dry clutch.  Would have been more like a Steiger or a Big Bud.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, hillman said:

like what IH had but just move every series up 5 years sooner and they would still be her

Yup, you're absolutely right. Ive said that for years. 

• Like 1

Super HTA in gas and diesel.  This would alleviate all the fakes today.

• Haha 1

Powershift 2+2 and powershift 50 series.  Soooo close to really being here.

20 hours ago, Big Bud guy said:

They would have found the limits of the rear end a lot sooner then they did. 

The 560 rear end debacle likely wouldnt have happened then too and IH woulda weathered a letter series debacle much better i believe since the entire letter series was bulletproof.

• Like 2

This thread has made me wonder what a Cub would be like with a TA. It would be nice to have one because then you could have 6 gears forward and 2 reverse. Maybe that wouldn't hold up but just a thought that came to me

3 minutes ago, IHhogfarmer said:

This thread has made me wonder what a Cub would be like with a TA. It would be nice to have one because then you could have 6 gears forward and 2 reverse. Maybe that wouldn't hold up but just a thought that came to me

I think it would be neat to take a 340 and put super C tins on it to make a super C-TA 

How about more super 70 series?  

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Big Bud guy said:

They would have found the limits of the rear end a lot sooner then they did. 

I highly doubt Harvester would have mated the M driveline to a W9 335 engine

I don't know what this is or if it even existed, but I kinda want one. 

da22afaa3b48229c1f5aed94bdaf9872.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 660 driver said:

The 560 rear end debacle likely wouldnt have happened then too and IH woulda weathered a letter series debacle much better i believe since the entire letter series was bulletproof.

I agree.  Technically IH or at least some of the engineers knew the rear end was reaching its limits all the way back to the Super M.  Say the rear end fiasco happens in the early 50s.  IH probably would have lost some sales but would have had time to recover since JD was still making 2 cylinders and would so for a little bit longer.  What made the 560 debacle twice as bad as it should have been was just the timing with the NG tractors coming out just afterwards. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dale560 said:

Thanks for putting this one up also.

Do you know any details on it?

9077CD7A-BC0D-420B-B865-51293528A2A3.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Big Bud guy said:

Do you know any details on it?

9077CD7A-BC0D-420B-B865-51293528A2A3.jpeg

No have seen pictures of it in the book. And this 4020 you have. Online they have some of the prototype v4 engine tractors they look real different. You are used to the look that grew on you. 

Our local John Deere owner a few years ago had a jd elevating scraper. He said it was the 5020 industrial tractor(  700 maybe) but had full power shift. He always said imagine jd had a 125 hp powershift in 1970 already.

1 hour ago, 660 driver said:

Well if we're gonna dream how bout we dream ih did proper R&D  and found the m/560 rear end limits BEFORE  it ever made it to the public and that management didnt run on such a thin proffit margin all those years and sink so much money in divisions that didnt make money, THEN  IH would still be around for sure......

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, iowaboy1965 said:

Well if we're gonna dream how bout we dream ih did proper R&D  and found the m/560 rear end limits BEFORE  it ever made it to the public and that management didnt run on such a thin proffit margin all those years and sink so much money in divisions that didnt make money, THEN  IH would still be around for sure......

If you want my piece of mind on it, the 4/560 should have never been built........

• Like 1