Stumbled onto this cute little guy today

Well no one took the bait . All you car buffs did not recognize this little saw Made by a company in LosAngeles California badged as either Paul Bunyan, Chip a way, and Ford .   Yup Ford, it was an option on the 1974 1975 1976 F-150 camper special and was mounted under the hood . Another option available along with it was a fishing pole, also mounted under the hood. I can’t believe I actually found what might be the rarest option ever available on a ford pickup. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Farmall1066 said:

So Ford wanted you prepared for you camping excursions?! 

I think they were preparing you for when the Ford broke down! They figured you needed a chainsaw to cut the firewood for making a fire to cook the fish that you caught with the pole. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

Nice find, but I don't think you need it as much as I do.  Then again, i don't need it either, but that is really neat 😉

• Haha 2

Well maybe from '74-'76 the Fix Or Repair Daily vehicles weren't so bad to have with all that extra equipment. lol 

• Haha 2
9 minutes ago, IHhogfarmer said:

Well maybe from '74-'76 the Fix Or Repair Daily vehicles weren't so bad to have with all that extra equipment. lol 

NO, no, no! It's Flip Over Read Directions! 

Rick

• Haha 2
21 minutes ago, oldtanker said:

NO, no, no! It's Flip Over Read Directions! 

Rick

Is that including your 8N you used to own?:lol:

• Haha 1

Found On Road    Dead

Actually I had a few '70s Ford pickups and they were OK. Very tough on gas with 360s or 390s - maybe 7-8 mpg.

I never heard of the chainsaw option on the camper version. Never bought one new. Had a slide-in on a '72 and was traveling the Cape Breton Highlands on Nova Scotia when the starter quit. We pushed it, I drove it to a parts store, and changed it right there.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, New Englander said:

Found On Road    Dead

Actually I had a few '70s Ford pickups and they were OK. Very tough on gas with 360s or 390s - maybe 7-8 mpg.

I never heard of the chainsaw option on the camper version. Never bought one new. Had a slide-in on a '72 and was traveling the Cape Breton Highlands on Nova Scotia when the starter quit. We pushed it, I drove it to a parts store, and changed it right there.

I think all of them got mileage like that. Friend had a 78 GMC, new, 305 and auto. The best he could do taking it easy was 9.

Rick

1 hour ago, R Pope said:

Ohlsson & Wright engine, I have one like it. Just the engine, no saw.

They made model air plane and remote control boating and race car  engines,

Motorized drills, chain saws, generators, etc...ect...

If yours is not a chain saw it may have been used originally on  one of the above mentioned items.

BTW,    it's.      

Ohlsson & Rice.     not       Ohlsson & Wright.

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, ihfarmer1586 said:

Backwards it's Driver Returns On Foot!

very clever considering the driver would be walking back in the direction he came from.

Thats the best one yet IMO

Another old one goes something like

F***ed over rebuilt Dodge.

For the record,   I haven't had to walk back from anywhere yet.

• Like 1

Is that an OR-line  engine? 

3 hours ago, oldtanker said:

I think all of them got mileage like that. Friend had a 78 GMC, new, 305 and auto. The best he could do taking it easy was 9.

Rick

I had a 85 Chevy with a 305 once it didn't have enough power to fall outta a tree but man it ran forever

Our 81 dually 4x4 454 with 456 rears got 10 mpg loaded or empty. We put a 650 or 700? Double pumper on it when it needed carb work and that didn't change it for the worst either

IMG_20190211_144525522.jpg

• Like 1