ST-470

State of the Union

34 minutes ago, jeeper61 said:

Yes they broke the law they should be punished in some manor.

You speed you get caught you pay the consequences.

Ignorance of the law is no excuse 

The scenario I described above is that the entry to the US of one Melania Knavs (Now Melania Drumpf).

https://www.apnews.com/37dc7aef0ce44077930b7436be7bfd0d

What should her punishment be?

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, jass1660 said:

Being married to Donald?

I thought you were going to say being married period.

1 hour ago, Atilathehun99 said:

The scenario I described above is that the entry to the US of one Melania Knavs (Now Melania Drumpf).

https://www.apnews.com/37dc7aef0ce44077930b7436be7bfd0d

What should her punishment be?

Way past the statutes of limitation.

Well we could always make her hang out with you for a few minutes.......

Rick

• Haha 1

On 2/6/2019 at 1:02 AM, Tonyinca said:

You sir ; have your head up your ass!

tony

You sir called it perfectly! Bravo Tony,bravo!

• Thanks 1

Stats of Limitations exceeded...

....the crime never happened.

LOL

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Atilathehun99 said:

Stats of Limitations exceeded...

....the crime never happened.

LOL

Didn't say it never happened, just that it's too late to prosecute. And you may be attacking her for no reason other than she married money. You don't know. She may actually be a Bernie supporter!

Rick

• Haha 1

Whatever.

Makin excuses for a law breaker.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Atilathehun99 said:

Whatever.

Gee, reading comprehension isn't among your few talents is it? No one made an excuse for what she did 20 some odd years ago. All that's been said is that it's far too late to prosecute. Kinda like it's far too late for your folks to use birth control.

Rick

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Atilathehun99 said:

Whatever.

sorry, double post

2 hours ago, oldtanker said:

! What bothers me is that on the world stage each country has it's own set of problems. No other country has a right to get involved unless that problem is effecting them. .

Rick

I live less than 1 1/2 hours from the USA and find its extremely surprising so many guys from Down Under  in this thread (and other threads) have an opinion on this topic🙄 unless something has a direct effect on my country or World peace I feel I should mind my business.  No different than the farm next door that had new family move in Jan 1- whatever he does on his property that does not effect me I have no business complaining or commenting and I expect the same from him

just my $0.020 CAD

• Like 2

Let's imagine another time....

....where the 1stL of a Democrat POTUS had in the past committed a Federal crime, any Federal crime whether that Stats of Lim had expired or not.

I can GAR-N-O-TEE you the Repubs and the right would be losin THEIR EVER LOVIN F__KING MINDS over it.

Anyone that denies that assuredly denies the truth.  What makes this so lovely is that this POTUS during his campaign made and continues to make legal immigration such a central part of his barking.

Hypocrisy much?

• Like 1

On 2/8/2019 at 4:59 PM, ST-470 said:

No offense meant to you Mike. I just don't care for those types of comments from someone that doesn't live in this Country. Sorry if it came across as rude.

I find it very thin skinned for Americans, here and elsewhere, to take umbrage with those from other countries who are being critical of our politics and the way we run our internal and foreign policy while many of the same have NO problem, here and elsewhere, thinking nothing of freely and openly criticizing the politics, internal, and foreign policy of other countries.

Goose & gander?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Atilathehun99 said:

12 minutes ago, Atilathehun99 said:

Let's imagine another time....

....where the 1stL of a Democrat POTUS had in the past committed a Federal crime, any Federal crime whether that Stats of Lim had expired or not.

I can GAR-N-O-TEE you the Repubs and the right would be losin THEIR EVER LOVIN F__KING MINDS over it.

Anyone that denies that assuredly denies the truth.  What makes this so lovely is that this POTUS during his campaign made and continues to make legal immigration such a central part of his barking.

Hypocrisy much?

So? Former first lady got a walk for a much more serious offense dealing with national security or did you forget that? What the First Lady did 20 years ago in no way threatened nation security now did it? Be honest now! Not one little bit. What Hillary did was ILLEGALLY expose national security documents to hacking by foreign governments. Doesn't matter if they were hacked or not. What she did is a violation of federal law. So there komrad tilla, which one is a more serious threat to the US and it's citizens?

The only one yelling about this whole thing is you. Because of your blind hatred of OUR PRESIDENT!  Yes, He's your PRESIDENT TOO!🤣

Oh, for what it's worth. Yer girl? There were people who thought she had indeed committed violations of federal law shortly before she became first wicked witch. I don't hear anyone wanting to dig those accusations up try her for those and those to were of a far more serious nature than working without a permit. 

1 minute ago, Atilathehun99 said:

I find it very thin skinned for Americans, here and elsewhere, to take umbrage with those from other countries who are being critical of our politics and the way we run our internal and foreign policy while many of the same have NO problem, here and elsewhere, thinking nothing of freely and openly criticizing the politics, internal, and foreign policy of other countries.

Goose & gander?

Again with the lack of the ability to comprehend. I have said before and now again (using little words in the hope that you may yet get it). We need to stay out of other countries business and they should stay out of ours. Now on the other hand? They wanna air their opinions? Game ON!

Rick

48 minutes ago, Atilathehun99 said:

Goose & gander?

Well said. I think a lot of Americans don't realise, you're the most economically and militarily important nation on the planet. A considerable amount of news time in foreign countries covers the actions of your country, with good reason as it effects all sorts of things all over the world.

Which is why your leader is a laughing stock. He runs his mouth via social media without any regard for advisors or diplomacy, which literally causes diplomatic relations (or more importantly stock markets) to change on a whim. I dare say he's done more damage for US relations via his unfiltered twitter feed than any policy that passed through the normal systems. That's not "keeping it real like a champion of the common man" that's having a drunk driver at the wheel.

Really I just come into these types of threads to see the spectacle of dyed in the wool supporters who treat it like a sport without any actual regard for the forces shaping their country. OUR TEAM GOOD, ANY OTHER TEAM BAD.

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it." Mark Twain

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, RustyNumbat said:

Well said. I think a lot of Americans don't realise, you're the most economically and militarily important nation on the planet. A considerable amount of news time in foreign countries covers the actions of your country, with good reason as it effects all sorts of things all over the world.

Which is why your leader is a laughing stock. He runs his mouth via social media without any regard for advisors or diplomacy, which literally causes diplomatic relations (or more importantly stock markets) to change on a whim. I dare say he's done more damage for US relations via his unfiltered twitter feed than any policy that passed through the normal systems. That's not "keeping it real like a champion of the common man" that's having a drunk driver at the wheel.

Really I just come into these types of threads to see the spectacle of dyed in the wool supporters who treat it like a sport without any actual regard for the forces shaping their country. OUR TEAM GOOD, ANY OTHER TEAM BAD.

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it." Mark Twain

Kinda funny but as a retired soldier I care little what other countries think of us. Not a big fan of our current president but he was way better than the other option IMO. Heck he was way better than the other, other option IMO. Glad the wicked witch and her little buddy the commie are watching from the side lines.

Our leader a laughing stock? OK, that's how you see it. Your opinion really don't matter here at all, you can't vote here 🤣

You keep saying he's damaged relations. With whom that matters? I rather prefer to have poor relations with the French. After training with their army and visiting that country on more that on occasion I hope they don't like us. Besides, in the course of the world France has been unimportant for over 79 years. They need to get over themselves. While I like the Brits they haven't been a world power sense they had to give up their colonies. There are 3 major powers in the world. China, Russia and the US. Those are the 3 that need to get along for the good of the world. Get along with your country? Who cares? Goods that come out of Asia far outweigh anything your country can do for us. Now that's not trying to be nasty, just honest.

Rick

Here is another reason we need to address boarder security ASAP

https://news.gallup.com/opinion/chairman/246563/million-border.aspx

So evenly distributed that is 840K per state so we might want to get the tax increases going now so we can fund all the new schools we need to educate their offspring.

In my state this would roughly double the population so with simple math we would need a 84% increase in property taxes to pay for those schools.

Which BTW here on the east coast where we are sanctuary cities and states it's not uncommon to have a five figure property tax bill on an average house.   

Then you need to create 84% more jobs etc.........

On 2/10/2019 at 2:44 AM, RustyNumbat said:

Trump puts US interrest first, that pissed of a lot of Country's.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 2/10/2019 at 7:44 AM, jeeper61 said:

Here is another reason we need to address boarder security ASAP

https://news.gallup.com/opinion/chairman/246563/million-border.aspx

So evenly distributed that is 840K per state so we might want to get the tax increases going now so we can fund all the new schools we need to educate their offspring.

In my state this would roughly double the population so with simple math we would need a 84% increase in property taxes to pay for those schools.

Which BTW here on the east coast where we are sanctuary cities and states it's not uncommon to have a five figure property tax bill on an average house.   

Then you need to create 84% more jobs etc.........

IIRC my folks were paying 1100 a year in property taxes in NJ when we moved out here in 1971. Dad bought a 200 acre farm with a house small barn and a couple of other out buildings.  Property taxes were around 350. It's only gotten worse.

Rick

On 2/9/2019 at 8:32 PM, oldtanker said:

Kinda funny but ................, just honest.

Concur!

bestr, randy