Mechanicing screw up of the weekend

Well i screwed wrench yanking this weekend! Swapped injections pumps on my 986 got it all ready to fire up! Hit the key boom running thought GREAT it wasnt 180 off! Shut it off looked at the pump said to myself you idiot you didnt pull the little stopper do hickey and put the plug in! It even has BIG tag on it! Anybody know how bad that screws up the pump? The do it yourself college of hard knocks isnt always cheaper! 😡

4 minutes ago, Owen Aaland said:

It should be no problem. There is a plastic button on the bottom of the installation plug to keep the pump from turning before it is installed. You just wore off a bit of the plastic.

I would feel better if that stem they put in was plastic! It was aluminium

26 minutes ago, Gleaner k2 said:

I would feel better if that stem they put in was plastic! It was aluminium

Guy that did my job before me did that tractor ran for a week then completely quit he put another pump back on it and it has ran since but it may or may not been because of that he had the timing out of wack even on the second pump. Hope yours gos better good luck

Ive done it before on magnums and lived to tell about it. I wouldnt worry about it.