Salvage yard crawl

1 hour ago, ksfarmdude said:

I have the same type of salvage yard 6 miles  from me comes in handy many times 

If I had one of those 6 miles away, I'd never be home.............:rolleyes:

Mike

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, redtop1460 said:

I wish they had stuff like this in the Northeast!

Thats what i was thinking i have seen alot worse looking stuff running on farms all the time than in the pics of that stuff in that yard! 

I saw this today while walking past one of my tractors and remember finding it at a junk yard . Had it replated . Always looking for a couple more of these . I have heard them called dog bone pins .  I Like the way it fits .

DCB4C04C-219A-4B0D-A920-2A4DD30A3D6D.thumb.jpeg.780985a6c162890968fac6e91eebd996.jpegEBC32537-2353-4FE4-892F-F07E07803BFF.thumb.jpeg.539474fa4a9b8eabf902ed18351e6ed9.jpeg

4 hours ago, Gleaner k2 said:

Thats what i was thinking i have seen alot worse looking stuff running on farms all the time than in the pics of that stuff in that yard! 

X2.  Some of the salvage yards have pictures on there sites of tractors they are taking in.   I often think what could be so wrong with them that no one would fix them.  If you saw the 4440 and 4450 at my work you would think they should be in the pictures.  They run every day but are worn out and the cabs are just rusted full of holes from old age.  They have had good maintenance are and are good mechanicly but getting rough cosmetically.  I would still rather fix them than buy the junk they sell today for barn chore jobs.  

Just now, Paystar5000 said:

X2.  Some of the salvage yards have pictures on there sites of tractors they are taking in.   I often think what could be so wrong with them that no one would fix them.  If you saw the 4440 and 4450 at my work you would think they should be in the pictures.  They run every day but are worn out and the cabs are just rusted full of holes from old age.  They have had good maintenance are and are good mechanicly but getting rough cosmetically.  I would still rather fix them than buy the junk they sell today for barn chore jobs.  

spent 2 hours extra to find/stop at a yard on a trip,got to tour but had a guide.

they let everything go to junk ,engines gears etc open to rain....and expect MSRP.

for what I wanted ,they changed prices after pulled and removed the extra pieces,while I waited for the "prepared" parts .

3 calls came in.

each "seller " 1256 SIZE TRACTORS          was told must deliver to door " MUST BE RUNNING, GOOD TIRES, ALL PARTS INTACT !!!"

$1200        I would buy them all day also, to make 10X $$ on a few choice pieces and let the rest rot