Salvage yard crawl

Needed a part for one of my tractors and had some time to kill so took a few pictures of some red ones at the salvage yard.Was told most of the 4x4's are part of the yard owner's collection and not for sale.Lot's of other brand tractors and equipment as well.This is in eastern Oregon as some of you guys are probably aware.

Paul

Resized952019013195154042.jpg

20190131_152403.jpg

20190131_144236.jpg

20190131_140927.jpg

20190131_141735.jpg

20190131_141115.jpg

20190131_140849.jpg

20190131_142124.jpg

20190131_141505.jpg

20190131_142032.jpg

20190131_141933.jpg

20190131_141449.jpg

20190131_143112.jpg

20190131_152442.jpg

20190131_144109.jpg

• Sad 1

Wow, I'd be like a kid in a candy store. What a way to kill a day just walking around. It would be tough seeing something you like just sitting there getting older every day. Don't they say "every body has their price".

• Like 2
36 minutes ago, acem said:

Why did the farmall 350 have such a big battery box? Thx-Ace

Used for jump starting equipment in the yard.Also has what looks like a 24 volt alternator.

Paul

Those four by fours..........

I would like a set of tires and rims like that 1468 has. Where would I find those for a 1456?

I keep coming back to this thread, unbelievable. But then, I'm a "back row" guy anyway. Never could afford to buy from the front row. Be it pickup or implement dealer, I always scope out the back row to see what favor I can do for them by taking it off their hands. LOL

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is the yard that my brother and I used to take a day every spring and walk through! That is until about eight to ten years ago, the owner took over and decided that the customers would wait in the office while one of his boys would go see if they had a particular part. I'm a little like sandhiller, I'm a back row guy. The previous manager would let you walk through, you could make a list of things that you were interested in, he would go with you back out to check on the parts, then go back in and deside on prices. He knew his lot, and if something had not moved in say ten years, he would quote a lower price, fast mover, higher. When the owner took over, everything became 'restoration quallity' and no more give and take on prices!

It kind of looks like the owner has mellowed a little, or found that if he lets the customer see what he has, he'll sell more parts!

I'll tell my brother, and maybe we'll stop in to see what the atmosfear is like.

Wow if run you won’t see it all 

4 hours ago, Grumpy Gaby said:

This is the yard that my brother and I used to take a day every spring and walk through! That is until about eight to ten years ago, the owner took over and decided that the customers would wait in the office while one of his boys would go see if they had a particular part. I'm a little like sandhiller, I'm a back row guy. The previous manager would let you walk through, you could make a list of things that you were interested in, he would go with you back out to check on the parts, then go back in and deside on prices. He knew his lot, and if something had not moved in say ten years, he would quote a lower price, fast mover, higher. When the owner took over, everything became 'restoration quallity' and no more give and take on prices!

It kind of looks like the owner has mellowed a little, or found that if he lets the customer see what he has, he'll sell more parts!

I'll tell my brother, and maybe we'll stop in to see what the atmosfear is like.

They were great to work with...didn't mind at all if I walked around the place.I got a good deal on the part I was after.

Paul

14 hours ago, Wes806 said:

Sure would be a good day walking thru there. Only thing is I could go broke before I left . ☺️

Same here. Pockets would definitely be empty before I left. 

20 hours ago, pms1961 said:

Needed a part for one of my tractors and had some time to kill so took a few pictures of some red ones at the salvage yard.Was told most of the 4x4's are part of the yard owner's collection and not for sale.Lot's of other brand tractors and equipment as well.This is in eastern Oregon as some of you guys are probably aware.

Thanks for sharing the pictures.

• Like 1