Interesting little v8 block

The front looks like a BB Mopar  but the mains are not stock Mopar.  The Main studs are probably ARP givaway is the small hex drive to install them.

My guess is an aftermarket Mopar BB  replacement.  Show us the sides, I want to see the external oil pump mount.

Without further todo that is a 426 hemi block, it has the extra bosses for bolts in the intake area for the hemi heads  -- still an aftermarket.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, oleman said:

The front looks like a BB Mopar  but the mains are not stock Mopar.  The Main studs are probably ARP givaway is the small hex drive to install them.

My guess is an aftermarket Mopar BB  replacement.  Show us the sides, I want to see the external oil pump mount.

This ^ looks like an aftermarket mopiggle

1 hour ago, gonzo 1066 said:

I have this old engine block sitting in the shop.  Trying to find out what it will fit in. 

HEMI BLOCK FOR SALE 001.jpg

HEMI BLOCK FOR SALE 004.jpg

Wow, the stuff you find in the corner of your shop is so much more interesting / nicer than what I would find in mine. If I had a bare block in the corner of my shop. #1 it would probably only be a 351M. #2 it would be an 8 room pack rat motel!😋

• Haha 1

My concrete buddy has a few mopars and a challenger drag car. He has the motor built someplace in a I state. It goes pretty fast for a not serious guy. I have only gotten to see his cars a couple times he just lets me look at his trucks. But always tells me lots of money to go fast. I think he  was in the 8 second area. I thought he said around 180 mph.

2 hours ago, DT361 said:

Mopar Performance 2468330-M Siamese cross-bolt mains? - looks to be at about 4.50" bore....PM me if you are looking to make room.😀

Thanks

Mark

Bingo!!     It is a world performance 426 Hemi Mopar Performance block.   I think it will be built as a 472 or 528 ci stroker It could be a 604 but that is max bore. .    Not sure now It might go in a Massy Harris 55.   OR maybe a 70 Charger.

• Like 1

Looks like an aftermarket HEMI block.  What is the max bore dia on that?  Could be made pretty big with the right crank.  Would be fun in any B or E body, but scary fun if you made a AA-Dart or any streetable A body.

bore can go a few thou past 4.5   Supposed to be capable of 5.3 stroke with raised cam and big clearancing .  that would be 704ci  I think at that CI with dual throttle bodies it would make a good strong 400hp  !!LOL

Put it in a Prius and go collect some Honda's with big mufflers!

• Haha 1

I have a 73 challenger that would slip right into. A true 'barn find', I put it in my barn 30 years ago.

Years ago I knew a couple guys that had alot of big hemis. Jim Hale had a collection of hemi cars including a factory hemi dart, that car was sweet. Another traded in aluminum hemi motors and related parts. He still had his front engine dragster.

Thx-Ace

• Like 1

Keeping options open right now.  The Massy has a Ford FE in it and is quite a bit short on power.   HEMI would cure that issue. 

Find a Mopar 400 big block and do a big stroker kit in it.(check out 440source.com). That would run circles around an FE and be lighter than the Hemi.

Just happens i have a couple good 400 blocks just a layin around to swap out with ya....lol