TGFAIN

Oil pressure relief valve on DT361

Can anyone tell me if the oil pump pressure relief valve on a IH1206 DT361 has the same pressure as the IH806 D361?

I went and checked the official Case IH online parts store and it shows two different relief valves based on pump part number.  No indication which pump was used where, just a part number for the pump.

Book says the oil pressure safety valve is 90 PSI for both D and the DT. 

You are asking about the safety valve and not the pressure regulator valve right?  It's the same too. 

Somewhere I thought I read that a DT361 pumps more oil into the pistons than a D361.  I have been going over the manuals again, but can't find it.  I know the DT361 has more oil veins that the D361, so I thought maybe the pressure was different.

Also, can you tell me about the small plugs on top of the block.  Approximately 5/8 in size.  Are they water freeze plugs or oil plugs?  Do they need to be changed?

I don't recall on the 361, but the D407 has one piston cooling jet per piston, but the DT407 has two.  But that takes more volume, not pressure.  I thought the 361 was the same way. 

I don't know what plugs you are talking about..... how about a pic, or part book reference. 

The only difference is there is a small hole in the safety valve. I may have this backwards, I believe the oil pumps on the DT361/407 had the small hole in the safety valve. That is the only difference in the pumps between turbo and non turbo oil pumps.

15 hours ago, TGFAIN said:

Also, can you tell me about the small plugs on top of the block.  Approximately 5/8 in size.  Are they water freeze plugs or oil plugs?  Do they need to be changed?

I believe they are for water, and I myself have never changed them out on any 361/407 I've been in.  As long as they aren't disturbed, there's really no reason to.

J-TECH  I finally had time to take a pic of the plugs I was asking about.  There are 5 total in the face of the  DT361 block.  Are they water or oil?  Should I  replace them while I have the engine block apart?  They look fine, I just don't want to overlook something.  

20190130_134308.jpg

Edited by TGFAIN
Added content

brian stortenbecker is correct the small whole is for extra oil flow when running 2 cooling jets per cyl.  was part of installing m&w turbo kit on NA 361/407

The valve in the pump is a safety valve and it's opening pressure would be higher than the regulating valve in the block.  It will only open (90 psi I think is correct)                                    when pump is producing more flow than what can flow through filters before it reaches the regulating valve in the  block which controls the pressure to internal engine parts.  Don't know about the hole but it would seem that it would have to be in the pressure regulating valve in the block.