IH Collectors Winter Convention in Kalamazoo, Mi 2/28--3/2, 2019

Where exactly is this being held at? Where is it in Kalamazoo?

I didn't go last year and won't this year.  They don't seem to be as exciting as they used to be.  They were a great place to catch up on all the IH gossip 10 years ago and they used to have a lot more venders.  As of late, they are more geared to seminars and I may be getting burnt out on them, too.

jerry

1 hour ago, SMOKER 1 said:

I didn't go last year and won't this year.  They don't seem to be as exciting as they used to be.  They were a great place to catch up on all the IH gossip 10 years ago and they used to have a lot more venders.  As of late, they are more geared to seminars and I may be getting burnt out on them, too.

jerry

Jerry,  I think there are fewer vendors because several have retired, the internet makes parts locating easier and the National club's insurance requirements are ridiculous. The seminars are usually good and still plenty of gossip and BS to be had. 

I really enjoyed Branson last year.   Merk had a couple great seminars on Cub Cadets.  Another gentleman talked about his families multi generation IH dealership.   Auction was fun. Lots of folks to chat with lounging in the motel. Wife and I had a great time. 

i was going to this years (2019) but when i called the motel for the special rate of $119.00 per night they told me those rooms are all sold out. The best rate they could give me is $286.00 per night so guess what i am not going.

I'm going on Friday and might go on Saturday, but I'm driving home, not that far of a commute for me.  

I've been to the one in Grand Rapids and one in NE corner of IN ( I think )  They were OK, you can only expect so much for being inside of a hotel conference room.  Some nice tractors to look at and vendors selling parts/literature.  I missed out on the lectures, but I have heard good things about them.  If you're in SW MI, it's worth the drive for you to check out.