The Dog Thread

KWRB

Paisley looks like she will fit in just fine.  She deserves a good home after the trauma of losing her buddy and then being picked on.  What a pretty dog. Good on you Sandhiller!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sandhiller! The crack in my heart just got bigger. Sad to hear the story, glad u were able to take the pup. 

• Thanks 1

Frank is now Frankie no nuts. Poor lil guy had to have multiple cuts as one of his lil balls was tucked in some muscles..300 dollar neuter turned 1200!20221117_161546.thumb.jpg.8a0eb0b41f01d94bca62d28ce687f181.jpg

• Sad 4

The other one(Buddy) will be spared due to his heart issue...

• Sad 2

4 hours ago, Twolines said:

Frank is now Frankie no nuts. Poor lil guy had to have multiple cuts as one of his lil balls was tucked in some muscles..300 dollar neuter turned 1200!20221117_161546.thumb.jpg.8a0eb0b41f01d94bca62d28ce687f181.jpg

3 hours ago, Twolines said:

The other one(Buddy) will be spared due to his heart issue...

We love em.

We do anything for em.

No questions asked.

Some may not understand.

I do.

May Frank have a speedy recovery and I pray that Buddy is able to share your love for a long time to come.

• Like 4

...first up ...you may well notice a slight error  in the positioning of the second photo...You see my girls brought this super ghee whiz device to change 35mm slides into a picture on the computer.....You can see how much fun I am having with it...despite my efforts...my legendary incompetence    has yet again shot me in the ...wherever

Please could someone rectify this..Thanks...sigh

My lovely boxer...""Boris''  who hated riding inside a vehicle....but loved sitting on the tractor with me...and going hunting..I would say ''C'mon Boris...we are going on the Model B   (Allis   Chalmers)  and he would hop up on that wide old seat....grinning happily  A wonderful smart  companion..pictured as a pup..in the rose garden.....and out on the lawn...with one of the Cook's slippers...He was ever the clown....

Mike

Untitled (2) (35).jpg

Untitled (2) (26).jpg

• Like 9

...wonderful story re the commutor aircraft that crash landed on a golf course in Wisconsin...from New Orleans..with 53 dogs on board  ....to be ''relocated''...this on Tuesday   15/11

The deputy   Fire Chief had one  ''jump into his arms ''  and now that dog has part of his family....

Good  to read those neat stories...'' real''    folk just    doing their jobs ..without fuss or bother..

Mike

• Like 2

Waiting for an LTL delivery today and throwing the ball for my parents dog I spotted this just laying on top of the stones in front of the step like it fell off Quigley’s collar this morning. The dog on the tag has been dead for 35 years and none of the landscaping was in place at that time. I myself have put probably 15 yards of topsoil in that area. 

30818F20-FD79-4B57-B529-75EB18672B8F.jpeg

D38AD656-4048-490B-8C3D-FA6374C8DCDB.jpeg

• Like 5

That tag is pretty neat. My wife recently asked me if I knew where the rabies vaccination tag or paper vaccination record was for my dog, ( he was going to a different groomer for a haircut last week and needed his vax cards) I looked around and quickly found the tag from this year -and the tag from 2013. Don’t know where the ones are in between

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lorenzo said:

Sandhiller,   What type of deer is that in New Zealand ?  
Is that what they call Red deer.

1D9A0138-9731-40D4-A178-18CD72E01214.jpeg.32b2c699545f4ce6d31c541d8df42fa8.jpeg

I think you are right but am not sure. 

@mike newman Some education please!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sandhiller said:

I think you are right but am not sure. 

@mike newman Some education please!

...that is certainly   a red deer stag and a very good one at that...however, it does not mean that the ''shooter'' pictured  has  walked over mountains and crossed raging rivers to get that   animal....

I would say it has been shot behind wire...looking at the terrain ....Stags of that dimension would never be seen out  in the open...unless they were raised to be relocated  into a  fenced off area.....to be popped off by some ''trophy''  shooter...(not hunter , note )...who has a wallet of gargantuan proportions....

That is how it works down under  for the wealthy.....

For the average bloke who loves hunting and mountains   and red deer and chamois and  thar and    wapiti   and several other species of deer.......NZ offers  fantastic  vista's and opportunities  for hunting...but you need to be in good shape...

Mike

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mike newman said:

...that is certainly   a red deer stag and a very good one at that...however, it does not mean that the ''shooter'' pictured  has  walked over mountains and crossed raging rivers to get that   animal....

I would say it has been shot behind wire...looking at the terrain ....Stags of that dimension would never be seen out  in the open...unless they were raised to be relocated  into a  fenced off area.....to be popped off by some ''trophy''  shooter...(not hunter , note )...who has a wallet of gargantuan proportions....

That is how it works down under  for the wealthy.....

For the average bloke who loves hunting and mountains   and red deer and chamois and  thar and    wapiti   and several other species of deer.......NZ offers  fantastic  vista's and opportunities  for hunting...but you need to be in good shape...

Mike

Thank you for the insight Mike. 

Sadly, can no longer ask Justin the details of his hunting trip down under as he passed away at a much too young age. 

I do know that he was not in the same class of people as the wealthy hunters you speak of. 

Justin was a "good bloke" as you would say. And if you two would have met up would have enjoyed each others company and I am sure made lifelong friends.

After losing his father at a young age also, Justin inherited a share of a small sandhills ranch. 

Remaining single, I believe he spent his money on hunting instead of women. 

A trip to your fine country would be a once in a lifetime for most people I know and I would hate to venture a guess at the cost. 

Getting some tough breaks, he packed a lot of good into his short life. 

53 minutes ago, sandhiller said:

Thank you for the insight Mike. 

Sadly, can no longer ask Justin the details of his hunting trip down under as he passed away at a much too young age. 

I do know that he was not in the same class of people as the wealthy hunters you speak of. 

Justin was a "good bloke" as you would say. And if you two would have met up would have enjoyed each others company and I am sure made lifelong friends.

After losing his father at a young age also, Justin inherited a share of a small sandhills ranch. 

Remaining single, I believe he spent his money on hunting instead of women. 

A trip to your fine country would be a once in a lifetime for most people I know and I would hate to venture a guess at the cost. 

Getting some tough breaks, he packed a lot of good into his short life. 

Yeah...that sucks   with  Justin...sadly we all have those stories

...As for the cost of hunting in New Zealand..I have had some good blokes from the USA,,....my friends from Utah and others..the odd Australian   etc

The way to go for ''regular  good blokes ''   is to locate a kindred spirit down under...and then the visitor can have a great time...he may not get that ludicrously expensive head , pictured above....which essentially is about  as relevant as a blokes  pecker     ego...  but he would have a grand time ....smelling beech smoke around the camp fire   drinking billy coffee or billy tea.....there are lots of wild animals to hunt here....animals you do not see in the North American  scene..no snakes etc...(except on Capital  Hill in Wellington  ) There are thousands of acres of    DOC    land on which permitted hunting  is encouraged...(no cost  )...I have had my friends out on fishing boats...catching blue cod and eating same   30 minutes later....with dolphins cruising along side the boat

I used to have my own 22 foot  fizz boat which could sleep four blokes if necessary ..great in the myriad of New Zealand lakes    (South Island only in my case  ...)...to access  the mountains   etc

Re the ''kindred spirit ''  bit that is how a lot of blokes I know have got to go to the US...on a reciprocal   arrangement  with  'new'  friends  on either side of the Pacific Ocean...Americans    can come on down...anytime it suits them..because of no season  BS   for hunting....

Of course..as of right now...  your    ruling   classes    have precluded the ...''non clot shot ''    homo erectus    from entering your borders......I am tentatively planning my last hurrah  to North America  to coincide with the Panoka   Stampede   and RP round up in a funny little state called Nebraska...however...at this point its no go for me to the US 

I thought this was the ''dog thread ''....:rolleyes:

Mike

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, mike newman said:

thought this was the ''dog thread ''....:rolleyes:

Well, it started with me adopting Justin's dog Paisley (with a little tribute to Justin thrown in).

And as all dogs tend to do when off the leash, wandered around a bit😄

I don't think anybody will mind Mike🤠

Back to the dogs.😃

IMG_20221117_120059560_HDR.thumb.jpg.74d91fdca061f8a9723e0201cbd97ac0.jpg

• Like 3