The Dog Thread

KWRB

We are begging for bananas...20220823_150139.thumb.jpg.1e52a028147e4db8dede1014a61fc10b.jpg

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

Funny thing...they do go bananas over bananas but they love lettuce...? I havnt had any dogs that eat greens. 

We had a B and T coonhound and a little pitty that u had to keep out of the berries. Theyd systematically eat them all. Wife came home one day and about freaked out seeing the snout of the pitbull covered in chunky red stain.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Twolines said:

Funny thing...they do go bananas over bananas but they love lettuce...? I havnt had any dogs that eat greens. 

We had a B and T coonhound and a little pitty that u had to keep out of the berries. Theyd systematically eat them all. Wife came home one day and about freaked out seeing the snout of the pitbull covered in chunky red stain.

My Great Dane I had 30 or so years ago would eat anything you were eating! Dad flipped him a potato chip, caught in his throat, yeah, I got to clean up that mess!  

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, DT Fan said:

My Great Dane I had 30 or so years ago would eat anything you were eating! Dad flipped him a potato chip, caught in his throat, yeah, I got to clean up that mess!  

LOL, sounds like my Weimeraner Gus used to be. 

He would eat anything I handed him from green beans to carrots. 

But his all time favorite was Birthday cake😄

1615260526_gusbd0330202.jpg.723728f477cbd4f021a50733ef6d015e.jpg

We had to have a talk about underage drinking😉

1438250645_Gus05-17-09_2010.thumb.jpg.243eedc1a2aa410de35b5848f6764054.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Lorenzo they still keep us busy..they seem to pic up on every bad habit. The cat teaches them a lot of bad stuff, like getting into the cabinets around the house. They are also becoming more confident with agility and just about climb things.

• Like 2

That's one thing my dog doesn't do well with is food and anything else, he's 10 now and was chewing on a bone on the lawn and a kitten comes up to sniff where they normally get along nicely and the fireworks started

Haven’t had much to add to this post lately but today my sister brought out a puppy for us to try. Chocolate lab that’s around 16 weeks old now. Could be trouble time will tell I guess lol.  He’s had a big day so he’s resting comfortably in the house now.  Came all the way from lethbridge the begening of the week so he’s had quite the week of traveling lol. 

ADF376CF-F891-46AD-8F07-5BF88D1566A2.jpeg

• Like 13

1 hour ago, poor farmer/logger said:

Haven’t had much to add to this post lately but today my sister brought out a puppy for us to try. Chocolate lab that’s around 16 weeks old now. Could be trouble time will tell I guess lol.  He’s had a big day so he’s resting comfortably in the house now.  Came all the way from lethbridge the begening of the week so he’s had quite the week of traveling lol. 

Keep him.  He looks great.  All legs , 😃

• Like 3

3 hours ago, poor farmer/logger said:

farmer/logger, while I prefer Golden's, Labs are fantastic dogs! How could you not keep that guy? Chesapeake bay retrievers are darn good too. Not as many of them around.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, DT Fan said:

farmer/logger, while I prefer Golden's, Labs are fantastic dogs! How could you not keep that guy? Chesapeake bay retrievers are darn good too. Not as many of them around.

He’s definitely got some big paws to fill from our golden retriever. She was a pretty special pup that’s for sure. This guy seems to be settling in well though. Cats not sure what to think of him yet but they’re doing surprisingly well together. Our cat is a stray that is terrified of everything and as I type the cat is in the chair sleeping and the new puppy is laying right underneath him lol. DC547A8D-FA46-43D8-B42C-08B4532F0EB5.thumb.png.6f064603352c7369135d20566a4ac0ea.png

86B14EEE-3628-48D7-8A2F-6D30AA430115.png

B51ECE8F-03C5-4551-9D33-623B3CD9B39B.jpeg

• Like 10