The Dog Thread

KWRB

1 hour ago, hardtail said:

Dogs are a constant reminder of the unconditional love we should display to others, one of God’s perfect examples, feel for your hurt, we lost one of our favourites 5 summers ago with same thing, was playing like normal Friday night by Sunday couldn’t get up, a bit of time to heal and another will fill your hearts

Sidenote I will remember to be on my best behaviour if I visit, you look a little too handy with caskets and excavators 🥺

They are amazing creatures for sure. They don’t ask for much but they sure give a lot.  Oddly enough we’ve never gotten a dog ourselves, they always seem to find us. Either strays or friends of the family. Bailey belonged to friends of my sister and they were keeping her at the lake. They couldn’t let her run free as she wanted to and it broke their heart to tie her up so my sister told them I think I know of the perfect spot for her.  I’m sure I’m time another stray from the Rez will wander in or someone will try to give us one to keep again. 

😂😂 I can assure you you’ll be safe and shown the best time I can lol.  Need to get back out that way one of these days again. Maybe once harvest is over and the auctions start up again lol. 

• Like 3

I’m sure some have ventured north and vanished...lol

Remember coworker talking about an Uncle that would go up north in Saskatchewan and run a sawmill all winter, one year his helper died during the winter, he put him on ice provided by Mother Nature so to speak in a shed and brought him out in spring when the sawing was done

• Like 1

On 8/14/2021 at 8:16 AM, hardtail said:

I’m sure some have ventured north and vanished...lol

Remember coworker talking about an Uncle that would go up north in Saskatchewan and run a sawmill all winter, one year his helper died during the winter, he put him on ice provided by Mother Nature so to speak in a shed and brought him out in spring when the sawing was done

I’m sure there’s more then a few unmarked graves in the north.  Lots of hardship in the early 1900’s. People coming north to make a life for themselves and not knowing how hard it was really going to be. There’s a area me and my brother quad near big river. Slight family connection as my second cousin the one who took a swing at the cops at the age of 84 cleared the trails and brushcut for them in the depression. Era. There was a group settled there at the begening of the depression not knowing what the soil was really like. It’s either sand or muskeg. They cleared plots and tried to make a living but eventually the gov bought them all out and replanted it back to bush. A lot of the old building sites are still there. I know there’s quite a few people buried there in the area. My cousin put up a fence and made a new road around the cemetery as quads were driving through the middle of it.  Timberlost  is the name of the area. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, poor farmer/logger said:

I’m sure there’s more then a few unmarked graves in the north.  Lots of hardship in the early 1900’s. People coming north to make a life for themselves and not knowing how hard it was really going to be. There’s a area me and my brother quad near big river. Slight family connection as my second cousin the one who took a swing at the cops at the age of 84 cleared the trails and brushcut for them in the depression. Era. There was a group settled there at the begening of the depression not knowing what the soil was really like. It’s either sand or muskeg. They cleared plots and tried to make a living but eventually the gov bought them all out and replanted it back to bush. A lot of the old building sites are still there. I know there’s quite a few people buried there in the area. My cousin put up a fence and made a new road around the cemetery as quads were driving through the middle of it.  Timberlost  is the name of the area. 

There's a couple of old ghost towns in BC that all that's left is a grown over cemetary.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sresites said:

I said to myself that I am not going to look at this thread. I know what happens.  Then it happened anyway. 

317F059B-2C6D-499C-B571-868A17DECB16.jpeg

Yes! Mission accomplished!

• Like 2

Oh the things you'll see in Washington state.....

Mke

IMG_20161022_150414.jpg

IMG_20161022_150423.jpg

IMG_20161022_150436.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

• 4 weeks later...