Jump to content

The Dog Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My daughter and her Shih Tzu dog. He's good with her,

Posted Images

I have some sad news and need your help.

Cobfly told me his 6 year old yellow lab "Gillin" had been missing for a week.

There has been a rash of dog thefts in his area.

I am hoping, if everyone on the dog thread sends prayers and positive thoughts we can help get him home safely to Cob and his family.

IMG_20210423_202440.thumb.jpg.74a10c5a3fa11231730620f99988519f.jpgIMG_20210423_202446.thumb.jpg.f2cee406a75211c2a3979bc6eec8f87c.jpg

IMG_20210423_202453.thumb.jpg.db05e90bd714f6eb1f45d7968f1278d7.jpg

IMG_20210423_202500.thumb.jpg.b06ce5327c35875fe190d71c87d7c683.jpg

Cob, my friend, my heart goes out to you tonight and I pray with all my worth that you and Gillin will be reunited soon.

 

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a lot of love for our animals in this thread.

And in love there is power

Let's use that power in prayer to help bring Gillin home

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/19/2021 at 4:40 PM, lorenzo said:

 

 

FE509099-9EDF-46AF-8030-37240D5BFAF1.thumb.jpeg.46e2c73610801efe00c926ef93072f9a.jpeg

72EC51C4-56E5-407A-985E-35693282DBEE.thumb.jpeg.968702ba3ea55247dc70ef643b614fe7.jpeg

How is she making out with da shoes?

We tried with our first Yorkie, he would go outside and walk on his two front legs til around the corner and back to four then up on two again, tried it once and never again, good luck, they are good in cold and sometimes in the heat on tarmac the good comes out.

Another thing, you being a diver have you ever dove and scapa flow, the battle ship graveyard.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, MTO said:

Sorry

No Mark, your post was dead on before you edited it out.

The SOB that did this is in a world of hurt if he gets found out.

To steal someone's best friend is the lowest of the low.

I'm just trying to do what I can from a distance to help Cob and Gillin.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Dasnake said:

How is she making out with da shoes?

We tried with our first Yorkie, he would go outside and walk on his two front legs til around the corner and back to four then up on two again, tried it once and never again, good luck, they are good in cold and sometimes in the heat on tarmac the good comes out.

Another thing, you being a diver have you ever dove and scapa flow, the battle ship graveyard.

She dosent seam to care ,  I’m just using them for the hot asphalt streets at the farmers market and stuff like that. 
 

Where is a scapa flow? 
Do you mean Guadalcanal?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lorenzo said:

She dosent seam to care ,  I’m just using them for the hot asphalt streets at the farmers market and stuff like that. 
 

Where is a scapa flow? 
Do you mean Guadalcanal?

Orkney islands Scotland, WW1 battleship graveyard, I was reading about it and the graf spee the other night, the diving there goes down max 175 meters, there is about 55 or more sunken ships there.

Guadalcanal? That is diving also? Must be interesting searching around the wrecks there.

Link to post
Share on other sites

He went to see his friend Mandi,his groomer this morning.He is trimmed shorter than I like but with summer coming soon maybe ,he will be cooler and easier to clean.

IMG_20210424_184034.jpg

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dasnake said:

Guadalcanal? That is diving also? Must be interesting searching around the wrecks there.

The lagoons at Truk, which was a major Japanese base, and, although I do not know if diving is allowed, the wrecks at Bikini Atoll, resulting from the early atomic bomb tests.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/24/2021 at 4:31 PM, Dasnake said:

Orkney islands Scotland, WW1 battleship graveyard, I was reading about it and the graf spee the other night, the diving there goes down max 175 meters, there is about 55 or more sunken ships there.

Guadalcanal? That is diving also? Must be interesting searching around the wrecks there.

Scapa flow,   Had to look it up.  Haven’t heard anything about it . 
 

Looks like cold water, dry suit diving . 
I teach Dry suite classes , mostly to volunteer fire departments and advanced divers near by but traveling with one becomes a challenge . I have five dry suits so I just leave one in California where I use it the most. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

So, I'm sitting at the table eating dinner,  on the RPF  and scratching Gus on his head which is in my lap.

Suddenly he starts barking at the window, really raising the roof, got the border collie all excited, now their both barking at the window.

I turn to see what their barking at.

 

Mother put this there this morning and they hadn't seen it yet.

IMG_20210427_120148047_HDR.thumb.jpg.7225b11d64818c8f16602ad507d4aaca.jpg

 

Think me and Gus are in a race to senility 🥺😄🤠

 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

That ain’t senility, that’s expertise, when there is a change in the yard joe has to go over, look it over, bark at it, then p on it, it’s a ritual, they sure can show us something.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, sandhiller said:

Think me and Gus are in a race to senility 🥺😄🤠

A LOT of traffic on that road--------and you meet a lot of new friends every day!!!!!!!!! :wacko:

Mike

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...