The Dog Thread

KWRB

5 hours ago, RichardDSalyer said:

It would appear Sandhiller is prepared in the event an invasion from Oregon or Washington is headed his way.  The pup up front a chocolate lab?  Hard to tell but the pup in rear appears to have bushy hair on the forehead.  Is the pup a different breed?

Doubt I'll see em down here, not enough to riot over. But we will welcome them if they come through.

Never owned a Lab but am a real fan because my uncle always had black labs we used hunting ducks and geese on the Missouri River. Wonderful working dogs. Very impressed with their ability and tenacity.

Been over 40 years ago but remember time spent with family in his blind like it was yesterday. Very fond memories.

Watching his dogs swim around floating chunks of ice to retrieve a bird was amazing.

26 minutes ago, sandhiller said:

Doubt I'll see em down here, not enough to riot over. But we will welcome them if they come through.

Never owned a Lab but am a real fan because my uncle always had black labs we used hunting ducks and geese on the Missouri River. Wonderful working dogs. Very impressed with their ability and tenacity.

Ya see many bikers yet?

5 minutes ago, Dasnake said:

Ya see many bikers yet?

Oh ya, for a couple weeks now.

Big azzed motorhomes pulling enclosed trailers down to those riding without a chase vehicle. 

Looks to be a good year for Sturgis again.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, RichardDSalyer said:

It would appear Sandhiller is prepared in the event an invasion from Oregon or Washington is headed his way.  The pup up front a chocolate lab?  Hard to tell but the pup in rear appears to have bushy hair on the forehead.  Is the pup a different breed?

Could be Chesapeake bay retrievers. If you want to make a chessy owners day just get it right talking to them. Most are tired of hearing how nice their chocolate lab looks!

Have hunting buddies that had Chessys over the years, impressive retrievers. Course, I also love labs and goldens. 

• Like 1

Had to take out faithful companion into the vet today for surgery. She has a growth on her tail that has broke open and needs to be removed. Best case outcome we will have a short tailed happy healthy golden retriever. I don’t have to explain the worst case ?.  Hopefully she comes through it ok.  Not sure if they’ll do it today yet or tomorrow morning. They want to do some dental work while she’s under.  She’s around 10 years old now so not a young pup anymore. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, poor farmer/logger said:

Had to take out faithful companion into the vet today for surgery. She has a growth on her tail that has broke open and needs to be removed. Best case outcome we will have a short tailed happy healthy golden retriever. I don’t have to explain the worst case ?.  Hopefully she comes through it ok.  Not sure if they’ll do it today yet or tomorrow morning. They want to do some dental work while she’s under.  She’s around 10 years old now so not a young pup anymore. 

I trust it'll be a good outcome. We had a cat when I was a kid who lost his tail presumably from hanging out in the engine compartment during the winter. We never knew it happened until one night he came in the house without a tail. The irony was that his name was Mr. No Tail and had been for years prior to this happening, because he used to sit on his tail and it couldn't be seen.

A tailless goldie will just make for good conversation. She likely won't even miss it!

• Like 1

On 6/26/2020 at 12:32 AM, stronger800 said:

Very sorry for  your loss.    

Rest In Peace indeed. 

On 6/26/2020 at 12:50 AM, Art From Coleman said:

I am very saddened to learn of your loss.

He will always be with you, just as any other family member will be.

On 6/26/2020 at 1:01 AM, Dasnake said:

My condolences jeff.

On 6/26/2020 at 1:31 AM, sandhiller said:

One of the hardest things we have to do.

My heart aches for you.

Sam was loved and loved back unconditionally.

My sincerest condolences.

On 6/26/2020 at 1:33 AM, AKwelder said:

Rest In Peace Sam. 

He is the good boy. 

On 6/26/2020 at 4:30 AM, mike newman said:

...it sure hurts...…..

..my condolences  ……..from another  'ol' hound '     lover

Mike

On 6/26/2020 at 9:36 AM, Paystar5000 said:

My condolences Jeff.  So sorry to hear this. 33B3184A-077E-493E-AA04-CB73882CC55F.thumb.jpeg.35ec7b0560b79cff0c2f44baf63c3ceb.jpegMTO I think posted this a while back.  May Sam Rest In Peace.  

On 6/26/2020 at 12:41 PM, RichardDSalyer said:

Prayers your way to help ease you pain and assist with the healing process.  My wife has three (3) Corgi's and we had to put the elder statesman down last Winter.  It took her only a few days to locate a Corgi pup she is now very happy with.

I am really, really appreciative of the condolences on my Sam’s passing.  The next day was the first time in 14 years that I had woken up without him being alive.  Today was a little rough as I saw another dog being petted happily by a smiling owner and I instantly remembered all of the joy that Ol’ Sambo brought to me.  I never knew that adopting that one particular dog would have such a profound effect upon my life!!!

4 hours ago, poor farmer/logger said:

Prayers for the short tail outcome and no cancer!!! 

• Thanks 1

She’s on her way back home with us now again. Feeling pretty sorry for herself at the moment with that cone on her head but she seems to be doing fine otherwise. Dr said he wants the cone on for 2 weeks. I think Bailey has other plans for it though lol. Going to watch her closely for a while to make sure she doesn’t tear it off and go after her tail(or stub of a tail). It’s about 6 inches long now. Just enough so she can wag it a little bit yet. She was trying a little when we came in to get uer. Surgery was 9:30 this morning so I imagine she’s still a little groggy from that yet. Every time we slow down or stop she jumps up to see if she’s back home yet lol. 

99EC77E0-39E0-4543-8579-0DC3EF3917BB.jpeg

• Like 3