The Dog Thread

20 minutes ago, redneckhippie said:

About 120 miles. I'm west of Eugene.

Went west from eugene to florence a few times, truck and camper, would be a great bike trip.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My daughter and her Shih Tzu dog. He's good with her,

My copilot 

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, Dasnake said:

Went west from eugene to florence a few times, truck and camper, would be a great bike trip.

Yes! There is a few good loops around here to the coast. 

1 minute ago, redneckhippie said:

Yes! There is a few good loops around here to the coast. 

Lots of good back roads too if you're not in a hurry. I take wolf creek out of veneta to smith river. Ends up in reedsport.  Also go out 126 to mapleton then back to hwy 36. That's a good quick 2 hour ride. Can go out 126 then down the coast to reedsport and head back on 34. 

• Thanks 1

Never in a hurry. And I love driving 

15 minutes ago, redneckhippie said:

Lots of good back roads too if you're not in a hurry. I take wolf creek out of veneta to smith river. Ends up in reedsport.  Also go out 126 to mapleton then back to hwy 36. That's a good quick 2 hour ride. Can go out 126 then down the coast to reedsport and head back on 34. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, yellowrosefarm said:

Good dog, but better horse. I've never known a horse that would stand for that.

Most of ours wound actualy .

I wasent fast enough with the camera but this cat was sitting on the back of one of our mules digging its claws into his fur like cats do. 

B626A3C1-81E3-4B3D-92F6-3C5F67B613BB.thumb.jpeg.c80b45fb78638f3f40ded67649b6aec6.jpeg

Years ago we bought a mule from the Henry Dorly Zoo in Omaha . Her name was Hilly, she was so used to kids petting her that she would let you do anything to her. You could crawl under her belly, slid off her butt, ride backwards, ride side saddle, you name it , didn’t matter.  Once a week a day care in town brings kids out to see the horses and mules. When Hilly would see that bus pull up she would come running in from the pasture to see those kids. 

Sadly she passed away at the age of 41 but she will always go down in our memory’s as a great friend and the most mild mannered mule we ever had. 

• Like 8
On May 12, 2020 at 5:17 PM, Dasnake said:

Ended up down in Eugene with a buddy on bikes, rode west to Florence and they back up the Oregon coast, recall sea lion caves where there was an exceptional example of the opposite sex walking across the parking lot, was a great trip with great weather, that was probably 25 yrs ago now

• Like 2
1 hour ago, lorenzo said:

Most of ours wound actualy .

I wasent fast enough with the camera but this cat was sitting on the back of one of our mules digging its claws into his fur like cats do. 

B626A3C1-81E3-4B3D-92F6-3C5F67B613BB.thumb.jpeg.c80b45fb78638f3f40ded67649b6aec6.jpeg

Years ago we bought a mule from the Henry Dorly Zoo in Omaha . Her name was Hilly, she was so used to kids petting her that she would let you do anything to her. You could crawl under her belly, slid off her butt, ride backwards, ride side saddle, you name it , didn’t matter.  Once a week a day care in town brings kids out to see the horses and mules. When Hilly would see that bus pull up she would come running in from the pasture to see those kids. 

Sadly she passed away at the age of 41 but she will always go down in our memory’s as a great friend and the most mild mannered mule we ever had. 

We bought a mule in the late 70's for packing in the Rockies, had a US forestry brand, he was great for packing but there was more than once he'd buck his rider, horses have a roll and some warning beforehand he was like a bomb, one second your in the saddle the next on the ground

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
On 5/6/2020 at 8:30 AM, smfarms said:

Ever have them lock you out of your truck?😖 With the keys still inside 

Yes. Camping a few years ago.   The family had left in the car.  I finished  hitching the camper to the pickup.  Had the dogs in the dually while I finished up.  Yep, they stepped on the lock with the engine running.  Finally got one of them to step on the lock button. Opened the door quick!

• Like 3

I chased wabbits for hours today and I am beat!

BC514933-53B8-40D5-A12A-AA6BFCEC1ECA.thumb.jpeg.185e2c156cb5016962c57cae1c3ef3ef.jpeg

• Like 4

Except for pens mine has grown out of chewing things that aren't his toys. I have been running the tractor with landroller lately so he is bored. My grand children come twice a day to let him out and feed him. Last night he got a lesson on the pros and cons of chewing the extension cord my phone gets plugged into. There was a whole lot yelping going on. 

• Sad 3
1 hour ago, IKS said:

Except for pens mine has grown out of chewing things that aren't his toys. I have been running the tractor with landroller lately so he is bored. My grand children come twice a day to let him out and feed him. Last night he got a lesson on the pros and cons of chewing the extension cord my phone gets plugged into. There was a whole lot yelping going on. 

What breed, how old, pics?

There was a dog in the house when I was brought home as a baby. Since that time the only period there was no dog was the time between losing and old friend and a new puppy. Been a lot of chewed up stuff going through that stage. Always glad to get them growed out of it. 

Luckily never had one chew into an extension cord. I am glad it was only yelping on yours. 

Can you take him with you in the tractor?

Some breeds are more in need of human contact. 

Mine (border collie and weimeraner) want to be with me no matter what. Summer when it's hot and they look miserable and would seem to be better off at home where it's cool and they can stretch out, no they are happiest with me in the Ranger checking pastures or putting out salt and mineral. We stop at every windmill tank and I always carry a bucket of water for them. 

2021015646_Cashnturtle.jpg.7e2c5065d70fb402629257fe4627b101.jpg

• Like 4

TvIMG_20200421_112205.thumb.jpg.7d468da712e67456eef4f49ff6da802f.jpgI had planned to take him in the tractor but he is Shitzu and Maltese his hair is fine and thick and he cooks in the car even with the vents blowing on him he would have been miserable there, he will be 2 in Sept.

He is a gem of a little dog, he loves me and everyone loves him. 

I finished rolling today I put in 133 hours in 14 days. 

• Like 5

Mine dosent miss a chance to go for a ride but just like a little kid falls asleep in about a mile. C1292180-C7D9-460E-B1FB-7B34FDAB7103.thumb.jpeg.265fe1a31424dda89dcbc9ef3d2abc98.jpegD0E87819-8769-437E-B6B5-43D893BA9B3C.thumb.jpeg.bb307d3755ba9a65ac3853eb2d059e90.jpeg

• Like 7
On 5/26/2020 at 7:31 PM, lorenzo said:

Mine dosent miss a chance to go for a ride but just like a little kid falls asleep in about a mile. C1292180-C7D9-460E-B1FB-7B34FDAB7103.thumb.jpeg.265fe1a31424dda89dcbc9ef3d2abc98.jpegD0E87819-8769-437E-B6B5-43D893BA9B3C.thumb.jpeg.bb307d3755ba9a65ac3853eb2d059e90.jpeg

Poor abused dog...

• Haha 2
On 5/26/2020 at 5:17 PM, IKS said:

TvIMG_20200421_112205.thumb.jpg.7d468da712e67456eef4f49ff6da802f.jpgI had planned to take him in the tractor but he is Shitzu and Maltese his hair is fine and thick and he cooks in the car even with the vents blowing on him he would have been miserable there, he will be 2 in Sept.

He is a gem of a little dog, he loves me and everyone loves him. 

I finished rolling today I put in 133 hours in 14 days. 

I should add, he hates intruders. I tried to load a video of him telling the Moose what he thought but couldn't. 

IMG_20200528_154855.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1