KWRB

The Dog Thread

IMG_2826.JPG

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Sorry bout the will not share thing not my idea. 

IMG_2845.thumb.JPG.04fac27c8fa08609da4874c96d47d7aa.JPG

Cash our border collie is getting scared of thunder in his old age. Gus, our weimeraner can get in and out of the back door by himself, Cash cannot. The other night I was gone in truck when a storm came through. Gus was on bed with wife and Cash was outside. Big crack of thunder and Gus jumped up and took off. Wife heard the back door bang and both dogs came running in with Cash jumping on my pillow and nuzzling her neck. Gus let Cash in the house when he heard the thunder!

IMG_20190119_163615863.thumb.jpg.617be3f8f5a1f28776090eb53b1fa87d.jpg

• Like 4

Did he remeber to close the back door too? 😁 cool story!

• Thanks 1

Nobody likes sleeping with a wet pillow!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol:

Mike

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, sandhiller said:

Sorry bout the will not share thing not my idea. 

IMG_2845.thumb.JPG.04fac27c8fa08609da4874c96d47d7aa.JPG

Cash our border collie is getting scared of thunder in his old age. Gus, our weimeraner can get in and out of the back door by himself, Cash cannot. The other night I was gone in truck when a storm came through. Gus was on bed with wife and Cash was outside. Big crack of thunder and Gus jumped up and took off. Wife heard the back door bang and both dogs came running in with Cash jumping on my pillow and nuzzling her neck. Gus let Cash in the house when he heard the thunder!

IMG_20190119_163615863.thumb.jpg.617be3f8f5a1f28776090eb53b1fa87d.jpg

I use to have a dog that that could turn a lever type handle on a door and pull it open. She usually only did it when something excited her. I had to keep the door locked.  Also if a door wasn't latched she would pull it open with her claws. In the mornings I would let them out and leave the door unlatched. They would come back in by themself. My other dog never figured it out but he did learn to be at the door in time.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, redneckhippie said:

I use to have a dog that that could turn a lever type handle on a door and pull it open. She usually only did it when something excited her. I had to keep the door locked.  Also if a door wasn't latched she would pull it open with her claws. In the mornings I would let them out and leave the door unlatched. They would come back in by themself. My other dog never figured it out but he did learn to be at the door in time.

First door knob is the bedroom door second one is the porch door. Doc has opened both. You can see he opened the porch door more often .....

IMG_20190822_060651028.jpg

IMG_20190822_060715004.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bitty said:

First door knob is the bedroom door second one is the porch door. Doc has opened both. You can see he opened the porch door more often .....

IMG_20190822_060651028.jpg

IMG_20190822_060715004.jpg

Wow!

5 hours ago, redneckhippie said:

That's pretty smart!

Got a pretty good bite too

Hate to be on the receiving end 🤪

• Like 1

91317E62-2EC5-4839-AA63-B7A10A3D7AFC.jpeg

• Haha 5

136CFDE2-6498-4D60-BEBC-D60526E8587B.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Image may contain: dog and text

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Never had one effect me this much till I ran my 6 year old sons dog over and killed him instantly, just this afternoon

This was the puppy he got attached to as grandpa was passing his closest friend. It's been a rough day....done my best to keep him from seeing.

Rip chubby...

• Sad 9

16 minutes ago, mader656 said:

Never had one effect me this much till I ran my 6 year old sons dog over and killed him instantly, just this afternoon

This was the puppy he got attached to as grandpa was passing his closest friend. It's been a rough day....done my best to keep him from seeing.

Rip chubby...

Oh my god Mader.

Say it isn`t so.

• Sad 1

So sorry to hear this. That would be an awful thing to happen. Wishing your family the best!

Hang in there Mader, its really tough especially with kids. Been there.  

Dang Mader, that puts a pit in my stomach. So sorry to hear. It happens so fast. Time will heal although I know it doesn't help the heartache now. Will send a little prayer your way. 

14 hours ago, mader656 said:

Rip chubby...

Jake,

I feel terrible for you Jake.  May there be better days ahead.

Jeff

Son seems to be doing good, me my mind is going what the heck happened. Did I roll back as I started.,never felt anything just don't know and am beating myself up inside figuring out why...

It was a long day. Might have to take him to the shelter in a few weeks...i don't know....

24 minutes ago, mader656 said:

Son seems to be doing good, me my mind is going what the heck happened. Did I roll back as I started.,never felt anything just don't know and am beating myself up inside figuring out why...

It was a long day. Might have to take him to the shelter in a few weeks...i don't know....

Beating yourself up is normal for someone with a heart mader.

Thinking about the shelter is also good, for me anyhow, to hear. 

It sounds like it was quick and the little guy didn`t suffer which is also good.

Each day it will hurt less.

Hang in there.

• Like 2

Mader and Lorenzo, still thinkin' bout you guys. Hope healing is happening. 

925154365_dogsdospeak.thumb.jpg.6848fad5c399ffee41f9de524cd76cd1.jpg

1837064901_dogrescue.jpg.38958b7b9ffd9d009ddd2ad7d53f6d05.jpg

• Like 1