The Dog Thread

KWRB

I had our 84 year old McCormick-Deering TD-40 TracTracTor out disking yesterday. My Great Granddog, Kaiser Jäger, was a "great help." I think I had to stop three times to throw his "ball" out of the way. He was very busy, in and out of the creek. But I was well protected, had a bad guy come after me. Gary or OBG ?

1085954706_TD-40finisheddiskingrightfronthouseshop4-25-19.thumb.jpg.df5db8daff5ebc62c728e367b38e3351.jpg

• Like 6

13 hours ago, sandhiller said:

dog pit bulls.jpg

Unfortunately, it's that monsters (the two legged variety) are fond of pitbulls, and dogs are what one raises them to be... it sucks. My sister had one and she was a ham.

• Like 5

14 hours ago, KWRB said:

Unfortunately, it's that monsters (the two legged variety) are fond of pitbulls, and dogs are what one raises them to be... it sucks. My sister had one and she was a ham.

I knew one that was raised right but had screws loose. Eventually had to be put down after attacking a little girl. I have also known a bunch that were as sweet as can be. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, redneckhippie said:

I knew one that was raised right but had screws loose. Eventually had to be put down after attacking a little girl. I have also known a bunch that were as sweet as can be. 

I'm not a vet or a geneticist so I don't know for sure, but I wonder if it's any more likely to happen with that breed than others. I don't want this thread to get sucked into a vortex, but I think will all agree that owners are at least MOST of what makes a dog decent.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, KWRB said:

I'm not a vet or a geneticist so I don't know for sure, but I wonder if it's any more likely to happen with that breed than others. I don't want this thread to get sucked into a vortex, but I think will all agree that owners are at least MOST of what makes a dog decent.

Chicken?  Egg?

I know of some “owners” that the dog made the “owner” a better person.......

As for getting this thread “sucked into a vortex”?

Asking whether to use Hy-Tran, Hy-Gard, or Yellow Wonder Bucket Stuff would CERTAINLY get this awesome thread “sucked into a vortex”!!!!

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

My wife's nephew had I think three pitbulls (one at a time) while they were raising their 4 daughters. Those little girls loved all over them dogs and the dogs loved back, very fun to watch the interaction. They were very smart and playful. For a time last summer I had an all white Pit Bull come visit me when I was unloading at the bulk plant. I would look out the window and she would be there waiting for me to climb out of the truck. She was such a sweetheart. I guess after a month her owners quit letting her run at night. I think if Pit Bulls wouldn't get such bad press, they would be just another breed that some people love to own. AND if lowlife scumbags wouldn't fight them for sport. I hope when those people die, they go to a place run by dogs and get the same treatment they had given. 

• Like 7

On 5/1/2019 at 5:36 AM, KWRB said:

I think will all agree that owners are at least MOST of what makes a dog decent.

I agree, but we have to remember that all breeds were bred for a purpose and those genetics have been concentrated. That's why it's important for people to find a dog that fits their situation. For example if someone gets a border collie and then tries to coop it up in a little apartment, the dog will go nuts. Guard dogs like Dobermans or pit bulls will bond with their owners and can be very unpredictable with anyone the dog considers might be a threat to their owner. Another thing I've noticed is when a pit bull kills someone, oftentimes it's a pair of dogs. (pack mentality)

My wife says our Doberman, Case, has a loose screw and would like to put him down. He's the sweetest, most affectionate dog in the world, but he has been known to bite. When she is angry at Case, she'll sometimes say "it's me or the dog". I tell her it might not be wise to make a man choose between his wife and his dog!??

15568404336669001133288041989429.thumb.jpg.e39edd2e2ef975b66422298f4b0d83eb.jpg

• Like 4

This is "Bear" a black lab mix. His biggest accomplishment was fathering my dog  Pancho, quite possibly the best dog I will ever have had the privilege to know. which I will get to when I get some pics found.

IMG_20190428_191140487.jpg

Please forgive the neck scarf, it was a girlfriend thing???

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, sandhiller said:

Please forgive the neck scarf, it was a girlfriend thing???

Chuckle, that Lone Star beer looks good also.

best, randy

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Randy Sohn said:

Chuckle, that Lone Star beer looks good also.

best, randy

From a crazy trip a buddy and I took too Brownsville over high school Christmas break????

Neighbor bought a mutt  puppy for their daughter.

It was to teach daughter (only child) responsibility of caring for it. Ha...

All that rotten brat did was beat that dog cause she was too spoiled/lazy to feed/water/walk it.

They had it put down for snapping, not biting, the little princess.

I`d have handled things a BIT differently and that poor animal would have had a long happy life. 

I see her posting advice on FB to people having dog problems.