The Dog Thread

KWRB

Had to take my Border Collie Gypsy Rose to the vet for the last time Sunday.     It is so hard being as close as we get to our pets.   

Mt Shuksan DAY OFF 012.jpg

• Sad 9

17 minutes ago, gonzo 1066 said:

Had to take my Border Collie Gypsy Rose to the vet for the last time Sunday.     It is so hard being as close as we get to our pets.   

My deepest sympathies to you sir. I have been blessed with a lot of good dogs in my life and each time it gets harder to let go of them. I believe God smiles down on those who truly love and care for his creatures. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, gonzo 1066 said:

Had to take my Border Collie Gypsy Rose to the vet for the last time Sunday.     It is so hard being as close as we get to our pets.   Mt Shuksan DAY OFF 012.jpg

Been there, Gonzo.  Borders are especially tough to lose.  Feeling for you.  Flash and Tess will welcome Gypsy Rose.

Ron

• Like 3

3 hours ago, gonzo 1066 said:

Yes we get real close like they are your son or daughter. I just took my chocolate lab to the vet for the last time end of February. 

• Sad 1

Thanks guys     This has been a VERY hard couple of days.    I have had her for over 14 years, and seldom was she out of my sight.   Thick and thin she helped me through some very tough times.  RIP Gypsy

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, gonzo 1066 said:

Thanks guys     This has been a VERY hard couple of days.    I have had her for over 14 years, and seldom was she out of my sight.   Thick and thin she helped me through some very tough times.  RIP Gypsy

Aw gonzo im sorry to hear that. Shes been in so many of your posts here. We had to part ways with tucker end of last summer. Dad and i buried him on the flat next to old bocefus and buster. That being said tomorrow we hope to add a new dog to our little family. Meet the one the shelter calls "deogee". We are working on a real name as we speak. 4555.thumb.jpeg.b5e9bb5a725de6dbafc7017d5e4476e4.jpeg

Gonzo when the time is right may you find a new companion. We couldnt wait any longer and this guy is 6 and just has the best disposition.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, gonzo 1066 said:

Gonzo,

I extend my sincerest sympathies to you.

But do not dwell upon your loss, instead cherish ALWAYS the memories of your great dog!!!!

They become so much of a part of our lives it’s like losing a piece of your soul. Sorry for your loss.

The first blue heeler was a constant companion from the day I brought her home as a pup. Rode everywhere an everything I did, tractor, skid steer , four wheeler an vehicles. Had her 12 years, was the hardest thing taking her to the vet that day. Had the other heeler before I lost her but he never bonded with any one except his first owner an by the way their names are both Blue. 

Took me a year but I finally was ready to bring another dog home an ended up with 2. They’re brother an sister believe it or not! Bonnie an Clyde , border collie an blue heeler cross. I see the pictures are out of order but the black an white one in the chair is the sister to the border collie looking one

C0925459-8BE6-4FE7-9D00-D2C714DDB26F.jpeg

00A55F7D-CB48-4EE2-886A-7AA559C4A94A.jpeg

E81BD6E5-09CD-49D7-99D9-203017AD9F1B.jpeg

6D0C75EA-0E2A-4132-883D-0811FC55A06F.jpeg

• Like 5

14 hours ago, gonzo 1066 said:

That pit in the stomach sucks. 

RIP Gypsy girl.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gonzo 1066 said:

I will try not to drag this on for too long a time. 

MONTANA 7D photos 219.jpg

MONTANA 7D photos 207.jpg

MONTANA 7D photos 316.jpg

Don't worry about that, that is what this thread is about. A tribute to the dogs we love and sadly the ones we have lost. You are among family here. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, gonzo 1066 said:

I will try not to drag this on for too long a time. 

MONTANA 7D photos 219.jpg

MONTANA 7D photos 207.jpg

MONTANA 7D photos 316.jpg

Bullhockey!

I created this thread, and other than those who actually own the server and domain who can overrule me, I say this is exactly what this thread is for, to talk about and share dogs. No one is following the thread who isn't a dog lover and can't relate. You can bet when mine's day comes, I'll be telling everyone about my buddy. Plus your pics are good ones. I just have lots of pictures of mine sleeping in obscene postures and caked in mud.

• Haha 1