The Dog Thread

KWRB

I elected myself to buy books for grandkids, I call books the seeds of success.

So the oldest daughter and her hubby had their dog put down yesterday . She texted me that the boys could use a particular  book to help with the loss. 

Maybe it would be helpful for a  kid in your life 

91Tr6XGol-L._SL1500_.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

11 hours ago, hillman said:

elected myself to buy books for grandkids, I call books the seeds of success.

Good for you! There is a very strong correlation between intelligent kids and books. 

• Like 5

15 hours ago, hillman said:

So the oldest daughter and her hubby had their dog put down yesterday . She texted me that the boys could use a particular  book to help with the loss. 

91Tr6XGol-L._SL1500_.jpg

Might have to look into that here.  Rough night last night, my dog got hit on the highway right by my house.  I was working last night, buried him this morning. He very seldom went to the highway, but it only takes once.

• Sad 15

1 hour ago, Littlefeller said:

Might have to look into that here.  Rough night last night, my dog got hit on the highway right by my house.  I was working last night, buried him this morning. He very seldom went to the highway, but it only takes once.

that is terrible news. so sorry for you and your family. 

I ordered that book off Amazon to be delivered today. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, vtfireman85 said:

Good for you! There is a very strong correlation between intelligent kids and books. 

I plan on it until they are finished school 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Littlefeller said:

Oh man. I am so sorry. So sorry.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, hillman said:

91Tr6XGol-L._SL1500_.jpg

That is a great idea. You might want to check this one out also, it is also comforting to human elders nearing their end, knowing the pets of there life are all there waiting.IMG_0577.thumb.png.4177deb142d68ed6295297b93c548d88.png

• Like 5

22 hours ago, Littlefeller said:

Man that is a horrible feeling! Sorry to hear it. Lived through that multiple times growing up. That is a big factor in why there isn't a dog running around here to this day.

• Like 1

On 3/9/2024 at 8:43 AM, Littlefeller said:

Oh man Chris, I am so sorry to hear that

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers as you work through your loss😪 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, sandhiller said:

daily_gifdump_4607_44.gif.1d0b8344417c4c97155d824e5e58209b.gif

When we had chickens and they would get out Charlie the lab/short hair would run em down and just hold them down with mouth and foot.  Like he knew instinct not to tear it up but to give it too me.  He was so gentle it was funny.  Such a puzzled look on his face. 

• Like 4

Puppy mites.... dont seem to bother him.  But looks icky.  Vet told me to give him his Advantage dose and see monday.  Just where his tongue gets the mites are living 

20240313_180516.jpg

20240313_180532.jpg

• Sad 5

1 hour ago, TroyDairy said:

Puppy mites.... dont seem to bother him.  But looks icky.  Vet told me to give him his Advantage dose and see monday.  Just where his tongue gets the mites are living 

20240313_180516.jpg

20240313_180532.jpg

Wow, sure looks uncomfortable.

Hope the Advantage clears it up quick!

• Like 2