The Dog Thread

KWRB

...for anyone interested in a superb  film about a  Red Kelpie...a true story with  ''Koko'' the star of the film, try ''Red Dog ''

The    story is set in Western Australia, near Dampier, and   the town boasts a bronze statue  of   "'Red Dog '',, The film is funny  and tear jerking ...and the star performer   (Koko) is brilliant.....and the cast portray typical Aussie's from the late sixties era.  I found it most enjoyable.....watched it on 'Net Flix''  at my Granddaughters  home.....

There is some scenes of the vastness of WA.....and one of the mines where   the story was basically set...and there is humour and at times ,tears, throughout the film....Well worth the watching......

Mike

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, lorenzo said:

8CA15F38-A3AB-4CEA-B6CA-817CB998B349.thumb.jpeg.7e9f89dd70c5de180ca343298466b819.jpeg

I'm always intrigued by people who give their dogs meals. Any dog I've had had always had 24/7 access to food. What do you guys do?

• Like 1

My deceased buddy used to relate a story of a friend of his fellow hotrodder that had little kids that would sit and play on the front lawn-no fence with his German Shepherd if the kids started to toddle towards the street he would nudge them back to safety. Another was his buddy had left some hot rod parts for Bob in the garage but wasn't home so Bob went over and as he got to the door the dog was ferociously barking, jumping and white flashes of teeth, no amount of talking or familiarity with him so he decided it was best to wait until buddy returned home.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KWRB said:

I'm always intrigued by people who give their dogs meals. Any dog I've had had always had 24/7 access to food. What do you guys do?

When mine were young and active yes, bottomless dog food pan

Now that they are older, I limit feed to help control the weight. 

And they are doing just fine with it. 

Dogs will eat out of bordom or just because it's there and they walk by. 

Kinda like me I guess......................

• Like 6

I grew up with pets that had unlimited access to food.  My wife grew up feeding them 2x a day.  She’s the boss….so Winston eats 2x a day, breakfast and dinner.  He rarely empties his dish so there is actually food 24/7, but he will only eat when we eat, and we are not home for lunch 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stronger800 said:

he will only eat when we eat,

Either you have him spoiled or well trained.  Bet we all know which one. LOL

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, KWRB said:

Me too.. never had a fatso but they run

• Like 1

Unfortunately my two pups are the opposite at this stage of their life. One is geriatric and underweight, and the other is later middle age and slightly overweight. My dogs have always lost weight in the summer, because play increases.

• Like 2

We brought home Charlie on Saturday. He's Anatolian Shepherd with a splash of Great Pyrenees,  8 months old. Our Pyrenees/Akbash, Bella, white dog, isn't impressed so far. Hopefully Bella and Charlie warm up to each other soon!

20240224_145015.jpg

20240224_145037.jpg

• Like 8

16 minutes ago, yellowrosefarm said:

Shep sneaking a nap on a chair he is not usually allowed on 

IMG_7136.jpeg

Good pup! Lol!

Mike

• Like 2