The Dog Thread

KWRB

NB   ..This is for the ''Working Dog''     section.....;)

In NZ and Australia , Dog Trials are taken very seriously...to the degree we in NZ have Dog Trial ''tests""  between the two countries...(as we do with a multitude of sports...)

There are two teams of four blokes ....the top trialists from both countries....NZ won this year, after a series of different events held over several days

Ist picture is one of the NZ competitors with  his three heading dogs    ''Mack',  'Cole '   and 'Jake '

...he subsequently   took the overall award , with "Jake'    as the top heading dog.....

Mike

1701298316762  mack  cole and jake.jpg

1701298316762dogb trial.jpg

• Like 8

2 hours ago, KWRB said:

Dog thread.

Is there a wild animal you don't despise?

Many. If it eats my ducks, we are enemies.  And the only ones I bother are the ones that come to me. 

• Like 2

The puppy isn’t a puppy anymore!!

I have never been around a dog that that likes being covered up like he does. Dolly gets a bit jealous when he lays on me. 

IMG_0550.jpeg

IMG_0549.jpeg

IMG_0548.jpeg

IMG_0547.jpeg

IMG_2121.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, vtfireman85 said:

Never seen the monthly rubber ball bill around here have you? 

Need to hook him up with Antelope horn

Last longer than deer antler or anything else I have tried

Rubber ball😄 yeah right🤣

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sandhiller said:

Need to hook him up with Antelope horn

Last longer than deer antler or anything else I have tried

Rubber ball😄 yeah right🤣

She’s obsessed, and actually pretty good at finding them, but with the chuck it, they go places sometimes. Also she fills cup holders, door pockets, any other place in the truck to Deposit them in. They are under every piece of furniture they can fit under in the house, stashed under her bed in her crate and of course up on top of things when we take them away because she’s driving us nuts. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 12/2/2023 at 9:33 PM, vtfireman85 said:

She’s obsessed, and actually pretty good at finding them, but with the chuck it, they go places sometimes. Also she fills cup holders, door pockets, any other place in the truck to Deposit them in. They are under every piece of furniture they can fit under in the house, stashed under her bed in her crate and of course up on top of things when we take them away because she’s driving us nuts. 

I got ya, I thought she was eating them

More like this?😄

dogdrugbust.thumb.JPG.5ce15226107f0d1fcf2103f49f2d9f2e.JPG

Maybe you need to try this😉

dogkeepbusy.gif.1fcca6b00ed6ae167c933cf77dfe267a.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

14 hours ago, Lazy WP said:

The puppy isn’t a puppy anymore!!

I have never been around a dog that that likes being covered up like he does. Dolly gets a bit jealous when he lays on me. 

IMG_0550.jpeg

IMG_0549.jpeg

IMG_0548.jpeg

IMG_0547.jpeg

IMG_2121.jpeg

Is there a little Blue Healer in her?E758942A-789E-4549-BFFF-F702685ECAC8.jpeg.0238704752699274173e925e9647eba9.jpeg

1 hour ago, lorenzo said:

Is there a little Blue Healer in her?E758942A-789E-4549-BFFF-F702685ECAC8.jpeg.0238704752699274173e925e9647eba9.jpeg

No, Dolly is a pure bred Hanging Tree. I guess the breed is a composite breed and there’s some Heeler in that mix. 
Shadow is supposed to be an Aussie, but he came from a pound so I not 100% sure. 
Talk about destructive!! He has destroyed everything that Dolly didn’t. 

• Like 3

When we got Bella, the previous owner said she is Pyrenees and German Shepherd mix. When the vet saw her, she said definitely Akbash Pyrenees mix. Maybe one of those DNA tests would say for sure, but I don't really care, as long as she's a good dog, and so far she is! Still a lot of puppy in her since she's barely a year old, but stays home with nobody here and is a bit protective, although she doesn't seem to have any tendencies to attack anybody, just barks a lot at strangers. Tonight she's on the porch with the blue Christmas lights behind her.

20231206_193715.jpg

• Like 10

I have a 3 legged dog this morning, no idea what she did, but she’s carrying her left front. I presume it has to do with her demolition derby lifestyle, but I didn’t see anything specific. Going to wait on the vet to see how a day in the crate does. 

• Like 3