The Dog Thread

KWRB

10 hours ago, TroyDairy said:

Ive been told this mutt is coming here by my daughters......

IMG_20231111_185258.jpg

Lisa just spent an hour sewing all of the dog toys back up. Dolly was hard on toys up until she was nearly 6 years old. Shadow is about as bad. 
If they don’t say Kong on them, they won’t last an hour. The Kong toys are at least worth sewing up again!!

IMG_0505.jpeg

IMG_0502.jpeg

IMG_0501.jpeg

IMG_0503.jpeg

IMG_0500.jpeg

• Like 9

Just finished dogsitting for the past 2 weeks, my companion is 11 1/2, my guest was 1, talk about opposite bookends of life and energy, all in all it was good for all 3 of us and a hoot but the toys took a beating...lol

• Like 4

There is a intact male black lab in the area that the owner wont manage.  And somehow has eluded many 22 shots I hear.  This spring he bred at least 5 dogs in the 5 mile radius.  This is the farthest family away.  Iiirc mom is kenneled in the evenings but he snuck in somewhere.  Kids say boxer/pitbull?/shepard mutt is the mom.  Then the Lab dad.  So 100% pure mutt.  Which I prefer... they have always been best dogs for us really.  Next week i guess we get him.  Names are being bebated.  I like old names like Karl, Ken, and Larry etc.  They have some goofy ones that will only lead to skinny jeans and frappachinos at noon I'm concerned.  Biscut, Cutie, etc.

We have Walter and Burrito and claire the around the house cats and Charlie the dog so far.  Weve had Norm and Cliff so I think Sam is next (who knows that theme? )

• Like 4

7 hours ago, TroyDairy said:

There is a intact male black lab in the area that the owner wont manage.  And somehow has eluded many 22 shots I hear.  This spring he bred at least 5 dogs in the 5 mile radius.  This is the farthest family away.  Iiirc mom is kenneled in the evenings but he snuck in somewhere.  Kids say boxer/pitbull?/shepard mutt is the mom.  Then the Lab dad.  So 100% pure mutt.  Which I prefer... they have always been best dogs for us really.  Next week i guess we get him.  Names are being bebated.  I like old names like Karl, Ken, and Larry etc.  They have some goofy ones that will only lead to skinny jeans and frappachinos at noon I'm concerned.  Biscut, Cutie, etc.

We have Walter and Burrito and claire the around the house cats and Charlie the dog so far.  Weve had Norm and Cliff so I think Sam is next (who knows that theme? )

Name him cooper.

12 hours ago, TroyDairy said:

I see pit in the eyes. 

8 minutes ago, TroyDairy said:

Kids say Boxer now....  In laws know the family and said mom is a a sweetie

They tend to be, and dumb as a stone. But that’s probably what makes them sweet. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, stronger800 said:

Took most of the day, but he helped me get the floor down and thresholds back in place 

74728C61-8ACF-40CC-885E-F34912D54812.thumb.jpeg.45251e8f3abbba9d367f9a27c9091362.jpegA241EA55-51DB-4FBA-A68D-860BB8E9DD93.thumb.jpeg.9305d3ecd71725a406d67744cb055846.jpeg
 He has no fear of the saws, nail gun or compressor….but a kitchen broom is Not to be trusted. 
He’s only 8 months old, I think he’s abnormally large for a Shihtzu 

I am not sure if that’s the same breed, but my dad’s friend has a dog that looks like that. One day he woke up with his head cocked off at 45 degrees, like he had an ear infection or something, vet couldn’t figure it out, been years now, seems happy, he just always looks quizzical. 

Emma pinned down a possum at 10:00 PM and then had a coon backed against the garage at 2:30 Am. She was pretty proud.   9 more coons will make 100 for this year.  I should reach that number by thanksgiving.

Coons are out of control in this area. 
The Nebraska Game and Parks is considering putting a bounty on them. 
249520EE-7F7C-4B24-BB37-25F2824CC72B.thumb.jpeg.57b1d533d986e31983520fdf0a86f49f.jpeg

• Like 13

2 hours ago, lorenzo said:

Emma pinned down a possum at 10:00 PM and then had a coon backed against the garage at 2:30 Am. She was pretty proud.   9 more coons will make 100 for this year.  I should reach that number by thanksgiving.

249520EE-7F7C-4B24-BB37-25F2824CC72B.thumb.jpeg.57b1d533d986e31983520fdf0a86f49f.jpeg

Will she try to take down a coon? My old hound mix and the German Shepherds would do it, but my current Collies will not even attempt it. Heck, they won't go within 10 feet of the cage when there is one in it.  I don't have near as many as you, but the population is way up from where it has been here. I've caught 4 in the last month where it used to be about 1 every couple of years.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, yellowrosefarm said:

Will she try to take down a coon? My old hound mix and the German Shepherds would do it, but my current Collies will not even attempt it. Heck, they won't go within 10 feet of the cage when there is one in it.  I don't have near as many as you, but the population is way up from where it has been here. I've caught 4 in the last month where it used to be about 1 every couple of years.

She corners them and keeps them corralled.  Hasn't actually attacked one physically. I have 8 live traps set i various places. Four in one night is the most i ever cought.

• Like 2

The neighbors dairy is loaded with coons, they catch several per week in one leg trap. Have it tied to the tongue of the feed wagon. I don’t have any livestock here, so no food for them to bother. Have a skunk at the moment though. 
Hank got wiped down with hydrogen peroxide on a rag a couple weeks ago. That works, kills the smell instantly!! Just have to keep away from the eyes. He was able to come back in the house for a bath and the smell was gone.

• Like 6

On 11/15/2023 at 6:39 AM, lorenzo said:

Make me a hat?

• Haha 2

Dolly claims my/our chair! Both dogs seem to want to be covered tonight. It’s warm in the house but they are content being under the covers. I missed Dolly snarling at Shadow. 

IMG_0526.jpeg

• Like 7