The Dog Thread

KWRB

On 10/14/2023 at 1:31 AM, sandhiller said:

I would love to hear the story behind this photo 😄

tumblr_a7ffbcb57906e98196b61cbf66b5016d_81ef9840_1280.thumb.jpg.2784b195852bff4040b8f1bcf6f77b44.jpg

A friend sent me the lead up to that, I don’t have instagram, so I don’t know how to share it. 

• Like 1

On 10/17/2023 at 6:17 PM, Lazy WP said:

I don’t think I have ever posted a picture of my Tators dog. Probably the smartest dog I have ever been around. I could stay at the controls of the hydraulic chute and other than opening and closing the gate,we could work 1000 head of cattle. 
I lost her in 2017 to Canine Dysautonomia. She actually died in my arms, but only after I told her that it was okay. I still tear up when I think about her. 

IMG_0593.jpeg

I have never heard of that, sounds awful. 

20 hours ago, KWRB said:

I spent a long time researching rodent bait that wasn't poisonous for cats and dogs. I'm not home, but if you want, I'll look and let you know.

Cool

We have some here and there but always like under stuff so cats and dogs cant reach.  I went to pet him and go work with vet on cows and noticed blue in his jowels.!  Hydro Peroxide and icecream.  Threw up in 5 min 2 or 3x.  Prob was nothing but better safe than dead

• Like 5

Finally found a series of pics that I've been looking for, for a while. This is from my time in Washington, back when there were two dogs to keep me entertained (or guessing). The white one, Ragnar, is/was my dog Loki's brother. He ended up staying back out there with his owner, Loki came with me. Anywho....

We took the dogs out to the river to let them cool off for the day. Both like water to a different degree. Ragnar would jump in & paddle off, Loki will get up to his underside in the water & say forget it. Needless to say, Ragnar was the one to motor out into the water & retrieve a stick leaving Loki behind. One day my ex had an idea. Throw one stick long for Ragnar & throw one short for Loki.

image.thumb.jpeg.6f3b5cd650fa661246f1bb3223ae0f3c.jpeg

Off go both of them for Ragnar's stick. (Above Loki's head to the left. Not the log in front of them.)

image.thumb.jpeg.ebbf64ee76eb4847fbafead6067a171d.jpeg

Loki said forget it as per usual.

image.thumb.jpeg.b83d24c06ecdeacd527e5bd5e23c6e21.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.105c521e896e8e530937bf694965bf50.jpeg

Now that the wet work was done, Loki was going to make it his.

image.thumb.jpeg.11a57ef466f34b0c95aa5a09917d0824.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.0824d4ba3d81df0d261a876f6b43bcbb.jpeg

The pics end here, as Ragnar went to yank the stick to his right, taking Loki & the ex with him.

Thuuuuh end!

Hope everyone's pooches are peachy!

Mike

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Absent Minded Farmer said:

Finally found a series of pics that I've been looking for, for a while. This is from my time in Washington, back when there were two dogs to keep me entertained (or guessing). The white one, Ragnar, is/was my dog Loki's brother. He ended up staying back out there with his owner, Loki came with me. Anywho....

We took the dogs out to the river to let them cool off for the day. Both like water to a different degree. Ragnar would jump in & paddle off, Loki will get up to his underside in the water & say forget it. Needless to say, Ragnar was the one to motor out into the water & retrieve a stick leaving Loki behind. One day my ex had an idea. Throw one stick long for Ragnar & throw one short for Loki.

image.thumb.jpeg.6f3b5cd650fa661246f1bb3223ae0f3c.jpeg

Off go both of them for Ragnar's stick. (Above Loki's head to the left. Not the log in front of them.)

image.thumb.jpeg.ebbf64ee76eb4847fbafead6067a171d.jpeg

Loki said forget it as per usual.

image.thumb.jpeg.b83d24c06ecdeacd527e5bd5e23c6e21.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.105c521e896e8e530937bf694965bf50.jpeg

Now that the wet work was done, Loki was going to make it his.

image.thumb.jpeg.11a57ef466f34b0c95aa5a09917d0824.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.0824d4ba3d81df0d261a876f6b43bcbb.jpeg

The pics end here, as Ragnar went to yank the stick to his right, taking Loki & the ex with him.

Thuuuuh end!

Hope everyone's pooches are peachy!

Mike

I like the names, was a good show. 

I had two coon hounds named Pancho and Lefty after the Willie Nelson song

Their dog house was a hollow tree 😆

PanchoandLeftytreehouse.jpg.4f855b3698476331a50aee741ce756f9.jpg

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, lorenzo said:

Emma loves it when the UPS man drives in. 

Out here UPS and FedEx drivers carry treats for the ranches' official greeters. 

I've heard the ads for Farmer's Dog, sounds like a quality product

Emma approved..........all I need to know🤠

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Mine is never far away from my side,but today I decided when it is nice I should make serious effort to start walking.

I left the yard and before I was 10 rods past the trees he abandoned me so tomorrow I have a surprise for him,he loves when I reach for his leash when we are places he can't run loose so we will give that a try.

IMG_20231010_170530.jpg

• Like 12

I like the UPS guy, we were 10 miles away this morning setting a stand and digging in a propane tank. UPS comes up the driveway and my dog goes charging over (they are buddies) he stops and I hear him say Hi Jinxie! She gets in, rides with him while he gets turned around (in other words not getting run over) he gives her a treat and sends her on her way. Big improvement over the last guy who seemed to want to run over my dog. 

IMG_2587.jpeg

• Like 14

21 minutes ago, vtfireman85 said:

I like the UPS guy, we were 10 miles away this morning setting a stand and digging in a propane tank. UPS comes up the driveway and my dog goes charging over (they are buddies) he stops and I hear him say Hi Jinxie! She gets in, rides with him while he gets turned around (in other words not getting run over) he gives her a treat and sends her on her way. Big improvement over the last guy who seemed to want to run over my dog. 

IMG_2587.jpeg

...that's neat !!!...and BTW  Seth, check out Walter Brennan   and his ''Ode to a Dog ''...now I think that is the title ..but not sure...:mellow:....not  the ''tear jerker '' like Stapletons  ""Maggie ''...but poignant , none the less .....

Mike

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, mike newman said:

...that's neat !!!...and BTW  Seth, check out Walter Brennan   and his ''Ode to a Dog ''...now I think that is the title ..but not sure...:mellow:....not  the ''tear jerker '' like Stapletons  ""Maggie ''...but poignant , none the less .....

Mike

Thanks Mike. I'd never heard either of if them. Just listened to Maggie. Made me even more homesick, but made me smile too

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, TroyDairy said:

Ive been told this mutt is coming here by my daughters......

IMG_20231111_185258.jpg

I really miss the fun times we had when Emma was a puppy. They can be a little work as im sure you know but also very rewarding. They really soak up the knowledge and skills at that age but grow up too fast.  
Look at that face, it’s adorable.

• Like 5