They haven’t given up yet (pics)

A lot of rumors floating around that CaseIH quit making pickers altogether. It’s false. This is a brand new 620 delivered to a neighbor yesterday. Local dealer got in three, they were all sold before they got put together. 

An acquaintance told me there was an experimental Case module picker at the dealer in Tifton Ga a couple of weeks ago but I’ve not seen it.

New four and six row basket pickers are still being produced though.

Theres a lot of cotton on the ground, thanks to Micheal for that.

4EFD6B25-9957-4B1B-A21E-46871E0D409C.jpeg

1814BC6D-E17F-41C8-B2F8-63D8FD85997A.jpeg

FBE80F08-C813-4CD8-9D14-AC6EC9BA33D6.jpeg

90FD0C88-8FF0-4926-9125-253E8B96F946.jpeg

• Like 1

Supposedly CIH is working on a round module style instead of the rectangle style module picker to compete with the JD CP690. That's what a friend that works on a Texas A & M research farm says anyway. Have you heard anything about that?

1 hour ago, Gleaner k2 said:

What time of year do you pick cotton

When it's cotton picking time.... :)  

• Haha 5
1 hour ago, Gleaner k2 said:

What time of year do you pick cotton

Three months ago LOL. It’s been wet,wet,wet here and coming another one tonight looks like. Most of the time cotton picking is done by thanksgiving but, there’s a LOT of cotton still in the field this time. I’ve seen a lot of modules that are so wet they have mushrooms growing out of the sides of them. On sunny days the gin has been removing the tarps trying to dry them out or tearing them apart on the yard to dry it some before ginning it. There’s a good many green module pickers with tracks on them now trying to get all this done. This year has been the biggest mess I’ve ever seen from start to finish.

I don’t farm, I spread fertilizer and have made more ruts top dressing this past year than I ever have. Then they’ve come back and made ruts on top of my ruts trying to pick it.

This is what’s happened to a good many pickers this time around.

C1EA5EDF-25BA-48E3-8CCC-4A0C7B0259B4.png

• Sad 1
2 hours ago, twostepn2001 said:

Supposedly CIH is working on a round module style instead of the rectangle style module picker to compete with the JD CP690. That's what a friend that works on a Texas A & M research farm says anyway. Have you heard anything about that?

That’s what the guy told me was in Tifton but, I didn’t get to see it. I’m going to keep my eyes open in case I see it somewhere I’ll get pics.

9 minutes ago, jworley said:

Three months ago LOL. It’s been wet,wet,wet here and coming another one tonight looks like. Most of the time cotton picking is done by thanksgiving but, there’s a LOT of cotton still in the field this time. I’ve seen a lot of modules that are so wet they have mushrooms growing out of the sides of them. On sunny days the gin has been removing the tarps trying to dry them out or tearing them apart on the yard to dry it some before ginning it. There’s a good many green module pickers with tracks on them now trying to get all this done. This year has been the biggest mess I’ve ever seen from start to finish.

I don’t farm, I spread fertilizer and have made more ruts top dressing this past year than I ever have. Then they’ve come back and made ruts on top of my ruts trying to pick it.

This is what’s happened to a good many pickers this time around.

C1EA5EDF-25BA-48E3-8CCC-4A0C7B0259B4.png

Can you elaborate on the damage,  do the units tip up when drug backwards not clearing the ground ? Windshield ?

2 hours ago, 1480x3 said:

Can you elaborate on the damage,  do the units tip up when drug backwards not clearing the ground ? Windshield ?

They’re held on a kind of tool bar arrangement on top of the heads. When you really bury one the heads won’t clear the ground and mud builds up behind them putting a great deal of leverage on the mounts breaking them off. One rolled back and stuck a snout in the windshield.

A couple of weeks before Christmas I met an 8370 pulling a trailer with one picker head on it. About a half mile down the road a module picker was coming out of field driveway that had no heads on it. The other 5 heads were laying in a wet spot out in the field, they were out there with an excavator and backhoe trying to retrieve them. Sorry,didn’t get pics.

1 hour ago, Ihfan4life said:

A fire would almost look better 😱

It happens, this one got a little toasty around the first of December. Last week I saw a burning CaseIH module picker, it was way away from the road, the fire trucks were still there and I wasn’t going to hang around to take pics of the mans picker burning with him standing there.

5A4B0D6A-88AE-4A27-A5B6-54418D49A81F.png

Here’s a few more carnage pics around the area this time and I got somebody to send me a pic of the Case module picker too.

To say it’s been bad around here this season just can’t describe it.

8F0273DC-CFA5-463B-A7E8-2A2E7B3B9CD1.png

C20DA245-5EA6-427A-B354-C569680BAACF.png

4F064E8C-1B01-4757-863E-8D6589BAC8F9.png

EDA21441-0ACD-4765-BC0A-521CEC14CF49.png

B68D508B-447F-4036-92A4-D18DFC474DF2.png

97BB2B80-0095-480A-B5A4-C476C5D46BFA.png

1 hour ago, jass1660 said:

It’s been wet everywhere this year. My guy I help still has 500 acres of soybeans under a foot of snow here in northern Illinois. 

X2.

Finished my beans Jan. 2nd, still have 20 acres of corn to pick.

• Sad 1

10 or 11 years ago I had soyabeans that I harvested in January, it was a wet fall with an early snow and then we had a mild spell in January so all the snow melted and I was able to go out and harvest my beans.

I still have 60 acres or so of corn to harvest yet, but the snow is just way too deep so it will have to wait till spring.