nepoweshiekfarmalls

Need your prayers

We met briefly at a "forum meeting time" at a Red Power Roundup a few years back (I believe it was at Lima in 2013) and I will always appreciate the outgoing friendliness you showed me. As many others on here have said, tractors can be fixed, sometimes humans are not so fortunate. I'm sending prayers and best wishes for your speedy recovery

• Like 3

Wow!!  That's a close call   so happy that you were spared!!!!  We are all only one heartbeat away from eternity...

I wish I saw this sooner, praise the Lord that you are alive and no further damage done Aaron. Day to day we never know what will happen so this is a reminder that God will guide us through each day with his protecting hand. 

Im glad to say that Aaron and I can still share the same birthday on here and that he hasn’t left us. 

5 minutes ago, IHhogfarmer said:

I wish I saw this sooner, praise the Lord that you are alive and no further damage done Aaron. Day to day we never know what will happen so this is a reminder that God will guide us through each day with his protecting hand. 

Im glad to say that Aaron and I can still share the same birthday on here and that he hasn’t left us. 

I never noticed that we share a birthday! So cool.  Have to remember that.  😃

How are you feeling today, Aaron? Pretty stiff and sore I bet after your tumble?

Just now, Cool1566 said:

How are you feeling today, Aaron? Pretty stiff and sore I bet after your tumble?

My leg is still very swollen, the bruising is really dark. Actually feeling a little better down there. Today, my upper chest and ribs are sore.  Dad thinks that my upper body is what bent the fender down onto the tire. He said that the fender never contacted the ground the way it rolled.  He is out there right now moving the 756 out if the ditch and into the field.  He did not want the snowplow to bury it.   He is also retrieving the front suitcase weights before they are lost.

• Like 3

Wow!  Sounds like several days of soreness ahead. Wish I knew of a quick remedy for you to get to feeling better.  Hang in there!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, nepoweshiekfarmalls said:

I never noticed that we share a birthday! So cool.  Have to remember that.  😃

Well I had noticed it a while back and thought that was cool and for some reason I can remember birthdays really well must be a God given gift. 

I hope you have a speedy recovery and get to feeling like yourself again! 

Been pretty busy the past few days and have not seen this sooner.  Like others have said, there is still work planned for you here to do.  Prayers being sent from here for a speedy recovery and for comfort from the stress I'm sure this has caused everyone in your family.  It sounds like you are very blessed with a wonderful family.

• Thanks 1

So happy to hear you are still with us, it’s amazing how fast things can go wrong! God wasn’t ready for you yet! Prayers sent for a speedy recovery! 

• Thanks 1

So glad you made it through! The man upstairs was watching over you for sure! Like everyone else said the tractor can be repaired but you can’t be replaced! Prayers and good wishes coming your way! Hope to see you this year at Bloomsburg for the roundup! 

• Thanks 1

I had missed this until now.  Glad you are okay.  This is a wakeup call for all of us to be carefull. Routine chores can turn into tragedy almost instantly.

On 1/20/2019 at 10:39 AM, nepoweshiekfarmalls said:

ER doctor said my prosthetic led saved me.  No broken bones, a 2" laceration,  and major bruising. 

Wow,  that has to be scary!   Prayers for a quick recovery.

I do have to ask though,  What is a  "prosthetic led"?

I thought maybe you meant  "leg"  but then the laceration and bruising doesn't fit.

If you knew the amount of drugs I was on when I wrote that...... plus stupid auto correct.   LOL!

To clarify,  the steering wheel pinned me to the ground halfway between my hip and knee.  The numerous layers of socks and the thick heavy neoprene liner that holds my prosthetic leg on saved me from more serious lacerations.  Plus, I would have had a broken lower leg, the way my prosthetic was pinned between the hydraulic levers and the fender and seat. Feeling very thankful to be able to respond to your questions!  😁

• Like 1

On 1/20/2019 at 7:16 PM, nepoweshiekfarmalls said:

Thanks, Waylon for the pictures.  Made me smile. 😁

Your welcome. And that was my plan. Make you forget about your situation even if only for a few minutes.

Wow, you are very very lucky for sure!  It happens so fast and it can happen to anyone of us at anytime!  Glad to hear that you’re going to be fine!

Maybe in the future we will cross paths, I’m thinking of heading down to the round up in June with my buddy (fellow forum member hot plug)..... we have talked about heading down but of course it will depend on the weather and work, will probably decide the day before we leave if we’re going or not! 

I wish you a speedy recovery and looking forward seeing more posts and pictures from you!  

Dale

• Like 1

Omg , 

you are a lucky man .

so good to hear your recovering and resting.

you really blessed with that beautiful loving wife and so many friends here.

praying for your recovery and thanks to God that we still have our Nepoweshiekfarmalls here .

take care, 

tony

• Thanks 1

Prayers for a speedy recovery... 

Accidents can happen so fast.  This past Saturday I was on a hill side with my TV-140 and it was really slick and muddy.  The tractor slid sideways a good 10-15 feet and I thought it was going to catch and go over.  It sure got my attention! When it finally stopped, I shut it off and sat there for a while to regain my composure.  I was able to get it out of the situation, but it scared me for sure.   I should of taken a picture of the tracks I made and measured just how far it did slide!  

I've never rolled a tractor and danged sure don't want too but I know it can happen in an instant even when your trying to be careful.  Hilly, sinkhole ridden southern IN ground can be treacherous for sure. 

• Sad 1

Following closely. Hope your ok. Give us an update for today. Feeling better? Soreness setting in?

i seperated some ribs one time. I was fine until 2 days later. Then I couldn't get out of bed. Any use of stomach muscles was torture.

I can detect the slightest sign that the swelling in my leg is starting to go down.  My chest is a little sore today.  Imagine it had a solid hit as well!  My leg is far to swollen to fit into my prosthetic, so I used a walker and went down the hall.  Got a sponge bath, change of clothes. Makes me feel better anyway.  May try to sit in a chair awhile this afternoon.   Just don't want too much blood running down there. Doctor says elevation is best. Thanks for your well wishes, everyone!  It means a lot to me.   May watch a Farmington DVD or read my Scout book today.  Put those Christmas presents to good use. 😊

• Like 3

Wow Aaron , glad your ok , that's scary stuff , get well soon 👍

Danny 

• Thanks 1

My personal prescription for a speedy recovery sir!

bd3c503d1c1b6d2d922a0b54669d49b3--puns-tractors.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lucky guy,  hope your doing ok. Crazy how fast things can happen.