• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When your wife has her head on your chest sobbing, it is a humbling experience.   We have been married 4 years in May.  She says it took a lifetime to find me.  She could not bear to lose me so soon.

This will likely be my final update.  I had another round of infection Memorial Day weekend.   Feeling great now.  Skin has healed permanently over the wound.  So thankful that this chapter looks to b

Went back to work this morning.  Gonna be tired tonight, but it feels good to be back in my routine.   Thank you for all your prayers and well wishes during my recovery.  😊

Posted Images

This incident reminds me of this hillside I bush hog 3 times a year at out cemetery.

There is this ONE spot about 50 ft long that just puckers me up.

god is good, all the time.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Steve C. said:

Glad you came out of it as well as you did.  I'll bet it seemed like it took a long time to happen.

Pretty interesting that the fact that you have lots of coyotes may have saved your life.

Do you think the narrow front had anything to do with you going over?

Steve, I think so. When the rear tire dropped off the edge, the front end jerked wildly to the right. I was pointed towards the ditch in the blink of an eye. I have resisted putting a wide front under this tractor, but for jobs like moving snow make me think twice about it.

Thank you to everyone for your prayers. Makes you feel less alone. We notified the board members of Chapter 5 today.  They were relieved that I am okay.  The club has never had the President die before, did not want to start now!

Thanks, Waylon for the pictures.  Made me smile. 😁

• Like 1

Aaron are you planning on coming to the Roundup this June?

I’m glad you’re relatively unhurt. Accidents happen so fast, was right next to my neighbor when my 656 rolled over and killed him. At least get a ROPS for the tractor. Again so glad it turned out ok for you. 

• Sad 1
1 minute ago, nepoweshiekfarmalls said:

Not sure yet.  I really want to!

Hope to see you again. We met at Union Grove

3 minutes ago, NY1468 said:

I’m glad you’re relatively unhurt. Accidents happen so fast, was right next to my neighbor when my 656 rolled over and killed him. At least get a ROPS for the tractor. Again so glad it turned out ok for you. 

I can't imagine witnessing that.  Very emotionally traumatic.   I was thankful they had the tractor off of me before my wife arrived on the scene.   My father was present when they pulled it off of me.

Just now, nepoweshiekfarmalls said:

I can't imagine witnessing that.  Very emotionally traumatic.   I was thankful they had the tractor off of me before my wife arrived on the scene.   My father was present when they pulled it off of me.

It’s something that will haut me all my life. I’m sure that was tough for your father to see also. 

Lord has a plan for Ya, now You get to watch for it.  Roll overs happen so fast, and everyone that has rolled one tried to jump and didn't get away.  Dad rolled a WD45 and stuck the throttle threw His calf, right between the bones and didn't break either one.  Buddy rolled His 4520 several years ago, tried to jump but it got Him.  Broke femur in one leg and the hip cage of the other.  Soft dirt so they dug Him out by hand after emt got there.  He had a track hoe cleaning edges around a point and called Him.  Life flighted to Vanderbilt from W Ky.  HE is fine now but was touchy for a while.  Prayers for You and the Wife from Tennessee. 

8 minutes ago, NY1468 said:

It’s something that will haut me all my life. I’m sure that was tough for your father to see also. 

He stayed back and let the rescuers work.  He was too emotional to think straight.   He found me when I was trapped in the auger 14 years ago.  Him and I have been through a lot.  We also lived through my sister's near fatal car crash her senior year of high school. God has been gracious to our family. 

1 minute ago, nepoweshiekfarmalls said:

He stayed back and let the rescuers work.  He was too emotional to think straight.   He found me when I was trapped in the auger 14 years ago.  Him and I have been through a lot.  We also lived through my sister's near fatal car crash her senior year of high school. God has been gracious to our family. 

I can only imagine, I’m sure he was thanking God that you weren’t injured worse. I’ll be praying for you Aaron, hope you heal quickly. I’m going to try hard to be at the roundup in June so maybe I’ll see you there. 

Orin

glad to hear you are okay stupid thing I did same day was cutting trees along  brush fence line, we have no snow hear so its easy to do now, cut several small 4 to 6 inch trees down in a row and the last one wasn't paying attention fell down , bounced back up and hit my leg by knee. ripped pants off  then had to look just a small cut above the knee,  it seems the everyday routine stuff is what we or i don't pay attention to. I thought for sure it was going to be stitches.

10 hours ago, nepoweshiekfarmalls said:

Sorry to hear about your accident. Just glad that that it wasn't any worst. Been busy with snow didn't get a chance to reply sooner. Sorry about that.  Glad to hear that your okay. Prayers for you and and your family.  God sure is good and does watch over us.  Take care and get well.