Hello, everyone.   Lying here in bed this morning recovering from an accident yesterday afternoon.   I was pushing snow with the 756 diesel with narrow front. Drove over to Dad's (1/2 mile east.). Helped him move snow. Drove for home. Somehow I misjudged where the edge if the road was in the snow. Tractor rolled into the ditch.  I was pinned by the steering wheel on my right leg.  Cell phone left my pocket in the roll over.  Lyed there in the snow helpless.  Some neighbors coyote hunting found me. Then about 30 people descended on me. Pulled the tractor off me with a pickup.   ER doctor said my prosthetic led saved me.  No broken bones, a 2" laceration,  and major bruising.  So lucky to be alive today.  God sent an angel to protect me, guys.  I  should be dead.  I always think I am a good tractor operator,  but things happen. Be careful out there. This is gonna be a painful recovery.  May God's blessings be with all of you.  -Aaron

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When your wife has her head on your chest sobbing, it is a humbling experience.   We have been married 4 years in May.  She says it took a lifetime to find me.  She could not bear to lose me so soon.

This will likely be my final update.  I had another round of infection Memorial Day weekend.   Feeling great now.  Skin has healed permanently over the wound.  So thankful that this chapter looks to b

Went back to work this morning.  Gonna be tired tonight, but it feels good to be back in my routine.   Thank you for all your prayers and well wishes during my recovery.  😊

Posted Images

Prayers for a quick recovery. Good reminder that things can change in a blink of an eye.

• Like 1

Sure glad your still with us, sometimes the easiest of chores, things we've done a thousand times can bite us. Sending prayers your way for a complete recovery.

• Like 1

To a speedy recovery, Take care of yourself. You're one lucky man to still be here.

Is it inappropriate to ask? How bad is the tractor?

• Like 1

Sledge, the fast hitch blade I bought from you was on the tractor.   Worked great!  Reichow, I got a good look at it once they had me freed and drug me about 15 feet away from it. The muffler er is bent, but did not break the pipe.  RH fender is bent down towards the tire. Steering wheel is bent, trashed the windshield on the heat houser.  75# weights are scattered in the snow.  Dad checked the fluids and the engine started and ran fine.  Still in the ditch. May have to cut the fence to drive it home. Both the 756 and I are battered but see still going.  On the ride home, I shed a couple tears when I saw the tractor.  My wife, my mom and I all had a good cry late last night. I guess the good Lord doesn't want me yet! 😊

• Like 3

You are blessed to have made out as well as you did during this mishap. Prayers for a speedy recovery. These things are often what reminds us what is important in life

• Like 3
1 minute ago, bitty said:

You are blessed to have made out as well as you did during this mishap. Prayers for a speedy recovery. These things are often what reminds us what is important in life

Plus 1 

praying for a speedy recovery 

• Like 1

HOLY MAN!

Scary stuff right there!

I`ll bet you were SURE glad when you heard the hunters pulling up.

Time for reflection for sure.

Thank you Lord for your blessings.

• Like 1

Loneliest feeling in the world, lying there in the snow helpless. Not knowing how badly injured I was. The love and support from all you means more than you could ever know.  This forum helps to distract me from my discomfort.  Thanks to everyone. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

48 minutes ago, nepoweshiekfarmalls said:

Sledge, the fast hitch blade I bought from you was on the tractor.   Worked great!  Reichow, I got a good look at it once they had me freed and drug me about 15 feet away from it. The muffler er is bent, but did not break the pipe.  RH fender is bent down towards the tire. Steering wheel is bent, trashed the windshield on the heat houser.  75# weights are scattered in the snow.  Dad checked the fluids and the engine started and ran fine.  Still in the ditch. May have to cut the fence to drive it home. Both the 756 and I are battered but see still going.  On the ride home, I shed a couple tears when I saw the tractor.  My wife, my mom and I all had a good cry late last night. I guess the good Lord doesn't want me yet! 😊

There's only one thing on that tractor that's not replaceable, that's you!  Always remember that, I'll keep you in thoughts and prayers.

• Like 5
5 minutes ago, Cool1566 said:

Scary scary stuff! Accidents happen so quickly and they do not discriminate. I hope you weren’t trapped too long. That would be scary!

I think I was trapped for 5-10 minutes, but it may have been longer. Time is meaningless in that situation.   I knew when I started to roll, I needed to bail off. I was partially on the RH fender when I landed. If I had stayed in the seat,  I would have been dead. The suicide knob on the steering wheel dug the bolts into my leg.  Hy-tran leaked from the fill hole and saturated my jeans and coveralls.

• Like 1

Prayers from SW Ohio  Good reminder for the rest of us.

Dennis

• Like 1

I lost my dad to a rollover 35 years ago. I’m so glad we aren’t mourning for you right now. I’ll be praying for your recovery and for His peace to wash over you in the days to come. I know you must be hurting more than physically from such a traumatic event. Hang in there! 

• Like 3

When your wife has her head on your chest sobbing, it is a humbling experience.   We have been married 4 years in May.  She says it took a lifetime to find me.  She could not bear to lose me so soon. I reconstructed the rollover on her arm with a 1/64 656 NF toy.  I was freed from the 756 before she reached the scene. She cuddled me to sleep last night. I could not ask for more than her love.  🤗

• Like 12

Aaron, sending Prayer for a fast & Full Recovery!!

Rainman/Paul

• Like 1