Fixin some stuff in the shop

11 hours ago, cwinn said:

What kind of HYD TA's you using Gonzo ? We have had a rash here of ones not holding up . My 756 /Cummins Repower needs one and I want to only do it once...

I have used Hy Capacity     Been a dealer for them for 20+ years.    I would guess that I have installed well over 30 of the HD units, have not had a failure yet.     You have to understand that there is a installation procedure that has to be strictly followed to make any TA last.  

• Like 3
16 hours ago, Gleaner k2 said:

Are those new made for pulling tractors or just machined original gears?

Stock gears that are machined, they do make aftermarket gears as well, but they are very expensive!

21 hours ago, gonzo 1066 said:

That is exactly how I wanted my bull gears to look.. BUT instead  of shaving off weight I shaved DOLLARS off of the build!!

Make sure you save up for turbos!  😍

IMG_20180530_182946.jpg

• Like 1

Nice tractors, I spent last weekend at Gordyville, man what a place, you can get so up close and personal with the tractors, I was standing ten feet from them at the line as they tightened the chain, lit the chargers and left the hole!

Got to talk to the guy that owns ace chassis, amazing fabrication work, I'm always very impressed by you guys that can build these chassis!

15 hours ago, gonzo 1066 said:

I have used Hy Capacity     Been a dealer for them for 20+ years.    I would guess that I have installed well over 30 of the HD units, have not had a failure yet.     You have to understand that there is a installation procedure that has to be strictly followed to make any TA last.  

We always had great luck with them ,lately not so much .Leak right out the front.

Looks good Bob , it's a good thing we don't live closer , we would get in trouble !!! I need to bring the Suoer WD 9 in the shop and put it on a diet . The 1486 drivetrain was not a good choice for weight but it won't break , I have seen some rearends at pulling shops how they drill those housings and bull gears , the stuff looked like Swiss cheese .

Danny 

9 hours ago, superih said:

Nice tractors, I spent last weekend at Gordyville, man what a place, you can get so up close and personal with the tractors, I was standing ten feet from them at the line as they tightened the chain, lit the chargers and left the hole!

Got to talk to the guy that owns ace chassis, amazing fabrication work, I'm always very impressed by you guys that can build these chassis!

I go over to gordyville one day each year.  I could stay home and watch the pulls but it is so interesting to walk the pits and talk to the vendors.  I am only a couple hours away and it is worth the drive!  We drove over friday and did the lives stream Saturday.  Was talking with friends last night about what I would have to do to take my tractor, it would be fun to do it once.

16 hours ago, gonzo 1066 said:

Is the procedure to follow written out and sent with the ta that hy capacity has or is it some tricks of the trade to make them last? Im planning on doin my own ta in a 966! The ones we did in the past we pulled the center section an sent to the dealer! 

6 hours ago, Gleaner k2 said:

Is the procedure to follow written out and sent with the ta that hy capacity has or is it some tricks of the trade to make them last? Im planning on doin my own ta in a 966! The ones we did in the past we pulled the center section an sent to the dealer! 

Setting end play within specs makes a world of difference.    Also the valve body needs rebuilding.   Pull ALL of the valves, I spin them in the lathe polish and check that they are true.  Use all new springs, and a new MCV pump.   I have been using the 86 series MCV as it moves more oil.  

• Like 2