Sign in to follow this  
farmall33

IH TD-5 Crawler info

Hello,   Just picked up a barn find TD-5 crawler wide gauge with factory pippin blade   3 point hitch / hydraulics / and drawbar.    Crawler sat in a barn for many years until I stumbled apron it .  with little work had it running like a top,  machine has  good under carriage " which I did read parts are hard to find".  just wanted to see if there is many of these still around ? where most of them sent to Australia?   with the options I listed  where most of TD-5's equipped this way?    I plan on attending  the local steam and equipment shows,  so I would like to know as much about them , I haven't ever seen one in my area before . South Western PA ,,   This year's  2019 Red Round up is a few hours away in Bloomsburg PA and they are featuring this era 60 series .. sure would be nice to make the trip with it .... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

been planning on getting my T5 up and running for Bloomsburg  (Maybe?) well have to see how things go

Gordon 76       is your T5 narrow or wide gauge  track?  what all options does it have hydraulics, 3 point hitch , front blade ?    don't see many around...  do you know much about the td and t 5 history ??  

I have 2 T5 and a T5C skidder (parts machine) the T5 has hydraulics, pto, and blade (manual angle and tilt)  do not have a lot of info on it, I did find and pick up a couple manuals (parts and service) They made 3 different gauges  38, 48, and 68,  They also came with 4 or 5 roller tracks, Mine is the 48 5 roller tracks

T5 sales flyer http://digitalcommons.unl.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1442&context=tractormuseumlit

some specs http://www.tractordata.com/farm-tractors/003/3/1/3316-international-harvester-t-5.html

Thank you for info on them,   Last few weeks I did a lot of online searching and I couldn't find out much about them,  so that let me to believe they are some what rare?  I know  tractor data states around 2000 made but not clear if that is each model or ?  because it list same  serial # and # made for T-5 and TD-5 . from what I under stand the serial numbers and how many where actually made is unknown due to there in no paper work from IH with what was made last few years of production "lost". I under stand lot of the T-5's went to farm in Australia and other countries . I was aware they where made by IH Canada's division  so I would guess there is still few survivors up there.  I attended lot of shows and never seen any of them on display so would love to take my TD-5  its a 68 gauge 5 roller track with all options  available.    TD-5 was most popular model followed by T-5 then harder to find T-4 machines.  " please some one with more knowledge correct if wrong " when I bought the crawler previous  owner gave me the original operators Manual and injector pump manual for it,  if any of these would help you at any time I can send copies.  do you have any pictures you can post of your crawlers?  enjoy looking at others ..      I wish I was closer to bloomsburg, I am not sure if I want to drag it 4.5 hours out there... 

There's a guy that is on this site that knows a lot about this series. I think he live in NW Indiana, T4 Mike I think he goes by.

DWF

Once knew a family in the early 70's in Northern Ca, north of Santa Rosa that ran a prune and wine grape operation. Believe  primary tractor was a TD5.  True Ca farming family, they still lived in the same house his wife was born in. His daughter was my age or about 25 yo at the time.  The TD5 was fairly common in the 60's in that area.  He had nothing bad to say about that machine.  It was a much used all year machine.

T4, T5, & TD5 were built in Hamiton Ontario  Canada.

I have a TD5  with a Drott skid shovel loader.

19 hours ago, gordon76 said:

I have 2 T5 and a T5C skidder (parts machine) the T5 has hydraulics, pto, and blade (manual angle and tilt)  do not have a lot of info on it, I did find and pick up a couple manuals (parts and service) They made 3 different gauges  38, 48, and 68,  They also came with 4 or 5 roller tracks, Mine is the 48 5 roller tracks

T5 sales flyer http://digitalcommons.unl.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1442&context=tractormuseumlit

some specs http://www.tractordata.com/farm-tractors/003/3/1/3316-international-harvester-t-5.html

Well I'm bowled over. I'm shocked!

All this time I assumed the T-4 had the 164 cc engine of the SW-4, Keeping in line with the W-, O-, OS,  I- and U- models. Turns out it the Super C engine -123 cc.

You see, in my mind the T-4 was like all the other 4's, and the T-6 was like all the other 6's. Turns out none of that is right.

Why did they switch it up for crawlers?