Sign in to follow this  
Tedb6804

Narrow front part number

I have a narrow front end and cannot find which model it would have been on originally. When I look at 560 up to 1066 they show 370253R1 for the front. Here is a picture of the number on mine. I haven't check every model and maybe its just a newer/older version of the 370253R1. Looks like the number starts with 6719?

Thanks 

20181215_102403.jpg

2 hours ago, Tedb6804 said:

I have a narrow front end and cannot find which model it would have been on originally. When I look at 560 up to 1066 they show 370253R1 for the front. Here is a picture of the number on mine. I haven't check every model and maybe its just a newer/older version of the 370253R1. Looks like the number starts with 6719?

Thanks 

20181215_102403.jpg

That's the part number for the raw unmachined casting.

Is it normal for that number to be there would the actual number be located somewhere else? Is it safe to say the M-450 front is lighter than 560 on up?

Thanks,

• Like 1

Yes its normal, the number for the actual assembly would be on a tag if it was sent as parts or on the pallet probably if it was used on the production line.

6719DE is a later revision of the original narrow front pedestal listed for the M, 6719DC(XC?) and 6719DD(X?) in the online CaseIH parts book.

6719DDX is listed for the 400 and 450, but again the second letter is the revision and a later revision is backward compatible.

It will fit the newer tractors, but I think you'll be limited to M-450 style cast front hubs.

Could the suffix be DB instead of DE.  Could be a DE but suspect it was cast after 1958 if so.  Never run across one after DD.  Should be a date code on the other side of post to answer that. If dated before 51 or 52 it's probably DB. DD was the start of a different caster angle from previous ones. Dave