Long Farms

DALLAS 806

Ike Story was the farmer who owned and was running the Farmall 806 in the intro to DALLAS. Ike purchased that 806 new from Mahaney International in McKinney TX. Ike past away several years ago. His son Bobby Story is still alive. The area that 806 was bedding ground was around the Intersection of Eldorado Parkway and Custer road right on the current city limits of Frisco and Mckinney Tx. The field is now covered in houses. Current owners ended up with the 806 after Bob Mitchel auctioneers out Ikes Farm equipment. Ike took care of his equipment. Sad the 806 is is the shape it is today. This pic was taken 5 years or so ago. It looks even worse than this now. 

20190113_213105.jpg

20190113_213123.jpg

• Like 2

Different cab than they had on it in the tv opening.

1 hour ago, jass1660 said:

Here's a snip from the opening scene... appears to be a homemade or modified cab.

Dallas 806 in Intro.PNG

Link to the Intro and ending credits...

I was pretty young, but we had (still have, -obviously) an 806 at the time, so I thought I had paid attention......I'd have sworn the 806 was dragging harrows in the opening. Looks like I would be wrong. Thanks for the clip and info guys. 

13 hours ago, jass1660 said:

Almost looks like it had tank lights too.  Hard to tell in the picture where they are mounted. 

What happened to the 7700 combine? That and the 806 were the highlights of the show.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matt Kirsch said:

Oh, you mean the closing credits to Dukes of Hazzard? When that came on it was time to go to bed.

Who would have thought the fun family show about a couple cousins that would help everyone,  that kids loved would be banned from TV and the grown up drama of a bunch of crooked people and how you shouldn't act would have made a short comeback and be praised.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Pete1468 said:

Who would have thought the fun family show about a couple cousins that would help everyone,  that kids loved would be banned from TV and the grown up drama of a bunch of crooked people and how you shouldn't act would have made a short comeback and be praised.  

The Dukes of Hazzard was banned? I hadn't known that

Big uproar over the flag on top of the car.  Taken off of cmt over it.

12 minutes ago, Pete1468 said:

Kinda stupid, it's history.....I really only remember those shorts and tied up shirts Daisy wore......

:)

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Pete1468 said:

Oh fer cryn out loud.

2 hours ago, bitty said:

Kinda stupid, it's history.....I really only remember those shorts and tied up shirts Daisy wore......

:)

Catherine Bach..........

Good story, thanks for sharing about the 806. 

I hadn’t heard that either about Dukes of Hazzard.... it’s sad but in today’s society would that really surprise you? 

1 hour ago, 1586 Jeff said:

Catherine Bach..........

Yes, the original daisy 👍👍

2 hours ago, D1206 said:

Yes, the original daisy 👍👍

3 hours ago, 1586 Jeff said:

Catherine Bach..........

The real Daisy....

• Like 1

I'm with Dumbfarmer, not even close to the same tractor , a lot happens and changes over the years but this isn't even close .

If it is same tractor,  looks as if wheels on rear are 38 ",  hard to tell but video makes me think they are 34".

In video front is set very wide. I cant see in video but maybe that is why there is a brace under the wide front in current pic.

Tractor in current pic looks to be in way better shape than one in video.

Obviously if same tractor  the cab is replaced. Dont see the side tank headlight mounting holes on current one. But current cab could be covering them up or side panels have been replaced.

Any way, fun to look at. Thanks for posting. 

My sister worked in Dallas near or in those glass looking high rise buildings.

On 1/13/2019 at 11:03 PM, Maynard said:

Here's a snip from the opening scene... appears to be a homemade or modified cab.

Dallas 806 in Intro.PNG

neighbor had a canvas cab on his 806 i think it was a Kane and it was pronounced a cane. he took the curtains off in the summer and left the shade. He retired and sold it to a boy and he took it off first thing

Tractors do change their appearance over time as they are used for different purposes.   My grandfather's 706 sat under a 234 picker when I was young.  Now it has an 8 bolt front axle, WL21 loader and larger tires.  Throw in a paint job and it would be unrecognizable. 

FYI  & a bit off topic, but Dukes of Hazzard can be seen on Amazon Prime.  The world isn't completely insane (yet).

• Like 1