Pete0179

T-340A parts needed

I'm looking for a good cylinder head for a t-340A. Are there any tractor models that utilize this same head ? If so what are they ? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

I'm pretty sure all the heads on the 135 are the same... any head from a 340 tractor, or any 135 engine regardless of application would work. 

1 hour ago, J-Mech said:

I'm pretty sure all the heads on the 135 are the same... any head from a 340 tractor, or any 135 engine regardless of application would work. 

No, the early engines have 9 head bolts, the later have 14, the T340-A should have the later engine, you can tell by the dipstick. Early block top picture, later block bottom picture. Engine serial number for the later engine would be 1005001 and above.

376866486_IHC-135dipstick.thumb.jpg.7703a4ef9a75ed211351d42c21703b65.jpg

Ok, I didn't know there were two different heads.... but the answer is the same.  Find the correct head from the two choices.  Plenty 135 engines out there. Any good salvage yard would know and ask how many head bolts, or which style you have.