Ih784

MX SERIES Weight Rack

Hey guys,

I have acquired 5- 100# weights. The part number is 405846A3. They mount to a weight rack part number 405844A2. They go to MX Series tractors and some magnums. I’m going to make a rack that will fit on my 784. Does anybody have any ideas how to get the angle right for them to hang them or a simple way to hang them on a piece of angle or channel?

753E1715-8E91-4CAE-A526-478C76A19888.jpeg

0BB06022-13F1-4CA6-BF8F-A205027C4CD1.png

2AA031D9-7E3E-41F7-9C8F-E3B0CC5AF0E6.png

1BD8993F-0EEF-48EC-8003-7D10A21D245C.png

They are more complex mounting compared to the old IH weights for sure. The other goofy thing is the top of the bracket has a rib near the middle that the weights come up against from both sides and keeps them from sliding off . We have never made a bracket but have a set off the MX 270 from putting the loader on it

Got both brackets setting on the shop floor but I’m not home till Sunday and can get some pics for you with some reference points for you to fab up the new bracket. 

John 

On 1/12/2019 at 6:55 AM, Weapon said:

Got both brackets setting on the shop floor but I’m not home till Sunday and can get some pics for you with some reference points for you to fab up the new bracket. 

John 

That’s awesome. I have notifications turned on but did not get them. I think the pictures may help. I’m wondering if I can use a piece of 2x3 angle or something to hang them on. I’m currently furloughed so I’ve got the time and material to build. 

Thank y’all again!

John

This is my ideas to make a mount. 

Red being a side view of 1/2" x 4"? flatstock 

Green being weld attaching them together 

Blue is the weight

Silver is something that welds to the bracket and bolts to the tractor

I am guessing 1/2x4 but maybe need to be wider or narrower to get the right shape

IMG_20190113_194953.jpg

Awesome. I can certainly do this. I have 9’ of 5/8”. I was thinking angle and trying to “make it work” your idea will work. I’m going to use it and run with that. 

• Like 1