Sign in to follow this  
88power

Let's talk skidsteer mini excavators etc.

32 minutes ago, lorenzo said:

Had a 331G   , traded it in for this last month.

Does that machine have hydraulic quick disconnect? 

Big bud guy,    How do you like the back hoe attachment , do you have to use out riggers on the back of your 332E to keep it planted.   I used a tree spade once on a 331G and felt like I needed more stability  in the rear.  

C06A0CF8-892E-4164-810E-DDE926B961F2.jpeg.6fd60b0c18d7cdd8fd6ba62a3e6cc607.jpeg

9 minutes ago, krich said:

Yes

28 minutes ago, krich said:

All late model skidsteers have the standard hydraulic flat face quick disconnects 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lorenzo said:

30190B4C-04E2-48EE-8E96-92B27216D5E1.thumb.jpeg.16a32597dda30b8302a86083c1b3d8e1.jpeg

Had a 331G   , traded it in for this last month.

Looks like you got some hydraulic forks what kind did you end up getting?

58 minutes ago, lorenzo said:

Big bud guy,    How do you like the back hoe attachment , do you have to use out riggers on the back of your 332E to keep it planted.   I used a tree spade once on a 331G and felt like I needed more stability  in the rear.  

Like it really good.  Get used a lot.  Unlike when we had Bobcat, this can go on both skid steers.  We rarely use the out riggers.  In fact one is missing off the 332.  It started leaking oil and see as they don't get used much I just took it off and plug the hydraulic lines.  They function more as rear ballast anymore.  About the only time we use the out riggers is drilling post holes into hard ground and need the raise the back end up to put more weight on the auger.  We have a tree transplanter and I remember having to use them on that with the Bobcats but I haven't used the transplanter with these Deere skidders yet. 

• Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, 88power said:

Looks like you got some hydraulic forks what kind did you end up getting?

NVM I seen your update after I I wrote this🤦👍

• Thanks 1

Couple pics of our skiddy.  Amazing the amount of work that little tree puller will do.  The mini is a rental.......that little thing can move some dirt too!

Skiddy1.jpg

Skiddy3.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ELS1466 said:

Couple pics of our skiddy.  Amazing the amount of work that little tree puller will do.  The mini is a rental.......that little thing can move some dirt too!

Skiddy1.jpg

Skiddy3.jpg

I always thought one of those tree pullers would be nice not just for trees but fence post roots n rocks honey suckle bushes sure would beat doing it by hand

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 88power said:

I always thought one of those tree pullers would be nice not just for trees but fence post roots n rocks honey suckle bushes sure would beat doing it by hand

http://www.danuser.com/attachments/intimidator

I just bought a Danuser tree puller last fall. I Bought a farm that is covered in trees. Mostly cedars but some others. Used it on my Cat 279 skid steer. About the best attachment for a skidsteer.  O cleaned up Couple old fences. Had them cleaned up in no time. I don't think an excavator with a thumb would do it any faster. The cat 279 has been a good skid steer. The only bad part is you have to have the loader as low as it goes to open door. also you can't see much behind you.  Good thing it has a rear view camera. 

Had a John Deere skidsteer for a couple years before I got the Cat skidsteer. Worst skidsteer I ever used. It was not balanced right. Then electrical problems started so it went for a ride.  Had a Bobcat before the John Deere. It was ok but not as good as the older BOBCATS I had in the past.  

Kubota is catching on big time in some areas . I tried one and almost bought it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, RKO said:

http://www.danuser.com/attachments/intimidator

I just bought a Danuser tree puller last fall. I Bought a farm that is covered in trees. Mostly cedars but some others. Used it on my Cat 279 skid steer. About the best attachment for a skidsteer.  O cleaned up Couple old fences. Had them cleaned up in no time. I don't think an excavator with a thumb would do it any faster. The cat 279 has been a good skid steer. The only bad part is you have to have the loader as low as it goes to open door. also you can't see much behind you.  Good thing it has a rear view camera. 

Had a John Deere skidsteer for a couple years before I got the Cat skidsteer. Worst skidsteer I ever used. It was not balanced right. Then electrical problems started so it went for a ride.  Had a Bobcat before the John Deere. It was ok but not as good as the older BOBCATS I had in the past.  

Kubota is catching on big time in some areas . I tried one and almost bought it. 

I seen one of those danuser at the dealership back in the fall those look very well built. If you don't mind me asking what model was your Deere all the ones I ran were really well balanced that's why we went with Deere in the beginning

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 88power said:

I seen one of those danuser at the dealership back in the fall those look very well built. If you don't mind me asking what model was your Deere all the ones I ran were really well balanced that's why we went with Deere in the beginning

It was a 333E . The Cat is way better balanced I think.  With the cat you don't notice uneven ruff ground. Even the Bobcat I had was better.

Any one on here have a Case 465 or 95 skidsteer. They seem good and are not that high priced used.  Want something Big and a little cheaper to leave on a farm. 

41 minutes ago, RKO said:

It was a 333E . The Cat is way better balanced I think.  With the cat you don't notice uneven ruff ground. Even the Bobcat I had was better.

Any one on here have a Case 465 or 95 skidsteer. They seem good and are not that high priced used.  Want something Big and a little cheaper to leave on a farm. 

We went from a Bobcat 7753 and S300 to the our current JD lineup and I thought/think the Deere is better balanced.  Last summer I got in my neighbor's S220 to help him out on some hay hauling and it surprised the heck out of me on how unbalanced it was.  

1 hour ago, RKO said:

I ran a 289 it seemed just like the deeres I've ran balanced wise just didn't lift as high

On 1/12/2019 at 8:02 AM, Sledgehammer said:

Got a Gehl 4610. It’s older and nothing in comparison to the newer, high hp machines but it serves us well. Our real one never had the stripes on it but this is the true “mini” 😊

489E4762-7733-4ED9-9EEB-48E2308531D8.jpeg

I'm jealous I want the toy we had 4400 gehl skidloader growing up  for there day. Dam good machines. We still run them, but I like my R220 better 

On 1/14/2019 at 7:38 PM, RKO said:

Our Fire Department owns a 95 XT, other than bushings and tires it's a solid machine. 

FWIW here (like WA state) Kubota is easy 10 to 1 vs every brand in mini and midi.  Few Deere and maybe a handful of Cat, but more seeing around.  The 121-161 Kubotas are like having a powerful arm attached to you.  The 040-060 I think are the new version.  The 080x are awesome balance.  Tackahiechi......Dealer sold a few...no one bought another and auction values reflect it.

Skid steers....mainly Bobcat but dealer left recently (was taken) Kubotas are coming in hot.  Local guy sold 50 1st year.  Everyone who uses em say they are just nice nice.  The door is even thoughtfull.....like a excavator frt window.  Funny is Hitachi is clearly king in 80 and bigger here and never see minis.  FWIW....Komatsu have came in strong last few years in bigger machines.  Real nice to operate.

Hoe chuckin' with the Kubota KX 121-3.

• Like 2

I’m still running an old 610 Bobcat. For what I do with it it works perfect and believe it or not the Wisconsin in it starts halfway decent warm or cold!

CB399366-CBD9-4D42-95F3-83DD22C6200F.jpeg

F0C4BE85-7B21-46A1-8250-A9E0C6AD894B.jpeg

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Orchard6 said:

I’m still running an old 610 Bobcat. For what I do with it it works perfect and believe it or not the Wisconsin in it starts halfway decent warm or cold!

CB399366-CBD9-4D42-95F3-83DD22C6200F.jpeg

F0C4BE85-7B21-46A1-8250-A9E0C6AD894B.jpeg

The cage has saved me from getting hit more than once i guess you get use to not having it 

We are trying a set of Firestone duraforce ND tires on the feed skid loader. We were having casings fail too much with the Galaxy beefy baby II tires. We usually recap them until they can't be done again. Seem to be the best traction I have noticed on a skid loader tire . This machine we put 14-17.5 on 

IMG_20190212_105055732.jpg

IMG_20190212_105046008.jpg

6 minutes ago, bitty said:

We are trying a set of Firestone duraforce ND tires on the feed skid loader. We were having casings fail too much with the Galaxy beefy baby II tires. We usually recap them until they can't be done again. Seem to be the best traction I have noticed on a skid loader tire . This machine we put 14-17.5 on 

IMG_20190212_105055732.jpg

IMG_20190212_105046008.jpg

Those look pretty nice the beefy baby's didn't hold up long for us. We have had good luck with some called hauler-skz life master tires they seem to last twice as long as a standard skidsteer tire and do better in mud.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2019 at 11:20 AM, IHhogfarmer said:

I’m sure it’s safe to say If you try one you may be tempted to buy one. I’ve always wanted a new loader with all the new features but you better have a decent amount of money in your pocket those new skidders are expensive. 

Anyways this is our 435 case. Grandpa bought this in about 2013 for the construction business. And now we keep this at our place when it’s not on a job. Really handy and a good loader. We use it for all types of stuff. We just got new tires on it a couple days ago. Before this one we had a daewood which is the first loader I learned to drive

362C5A95-E0F8-4FDF-B201-9ACFADC10712.thumb.jpeg.fcfdb09014746a8864f3d5fcb45c386a.jpeg

That’s the machine I’m looking for...  I’d like a 430-450 machine. Looking for a nice low houred one. There’s a 430 on CL now with low hours but I can’t make myself drive 6 hrs one way unless it’s a deal. My BIL is a mechanic. He tells me the XT line stands for extra trouble but everyone that has one seems to have good luck i keep reading. I’m looking to upgrade my little 763. It’s still only got like 1200hrs. 

C210BF41-108B-4629-A6E6-5FDE0A37629C.jpeg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 88power said:

The cage has saved me from getting hit more than once i guess you get use to not having it 

The cage was removed by a previous owner that had a low ceiling in his hog barn. I’ve not had any problems without the cage but all I do is stab bales off the wagon and load them in and out of the barn. If I were to do more than that I would definitely want a cage!

• Like 1