Sign in to follow this  
jass1660

Isn’t it pretty?

Recommended Posts

 Well… If someone was desperate enough to steal it, it wouldn’t be hard to find because it sure stands out! 

 We had a 656 with the exact same cab on it, it was a solid well-built cab for sure! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yellow paint with a roller....it is a true black stripe tho

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

nice black stripe,,,,, whats the ornament in the center of the hood????    I guess someone likes yellow paint

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, mrfred54 said:

nice black stripe,,,,, whats the ornament in the center of the hood????    I guess someone likes yellow paint

Miller Genuine Draft tapper handle....might be why it’s yellow!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Found the loader that used to be on it. 

0B7B93EF-F4E2-4D24-B544-1C8039D65C9A.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely beautiful!! Maybe we should all have yellow IH’s!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am guessing the man who painted it owned a New Holland TR series combine?  😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nepoweshiekfarmalls said:

I am guessing the man who painted it owned a New Holland TR series combine?  😁

Or a Cockshutt? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I may have just puked in my mouth a bit!!!!! WOOOF!!   LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's the dealer my Dad worked at!  I think I have 2 of those stickers.  We placed one out with some of his tools, a 1566/68 chassis manual that he had signed, and a couple of his IH training certificates at his wake.

Where is this tractor at?

Edit: Just thinking, if that's a real black stripe it could be one of the last machines sold out of Olson's.  They sold out in '77, Dad moved on, it ran with new owners for maybe 2 more years.  Pretty sure it's a tire store at the location now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, 5088 said:

That's the dealer my Dad worked at!  I think I have 2 of those stickers.  We placed one out with some of his tools, a 1566/68 chassis manual that he had signed, and a couple of his IH training certificates at his wake.

Where is this tractor at?

Edit: Just thinking, if that's a real black stripe it could be one of the last machines sold out of Olson's.  They sold out in '77, Dad moved on, it ran with new owners for maybe 2 more years.  Pretty sure it's a tire store at the location now.

Yes it’s a true one. Serial plate down on side. It’s between Huntley and Marengo now, not original owner however. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/10/2019 at 9:09 PM, jass1660 said:

Yes it’s a true one. Serial plate down on side. It’s between Huntley and Marengo now, not original owner however. 

So when are you hauling it home? =)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MTO said:

So when are you hauling it home? 😃

For what? It’s in use at a dairy farm I was at. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was going to guess former county or township tractor until the part about  the paint going on with a roller

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who made that cab?

Never seen those corner windows before.

The old girl deserves a bath but that fine paint may come off in sheets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im a little impressed on one thing. For a dairy farm the tractor isn't covered in $--- 6 inches deep like the dairys around here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Diesel Doctor said:

Who made that cab?

Never seen those corner windows before.

The old girl deserves a bath but that fine paint may come off in sheets.

Fullvision cab.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Reichow7120 said:

Im a little impressed on one thing. For a dairy farm the tractor isn't covered in $--- 6 inches deep like the dairys around here.

That one is on tmr duty the red 966 was on a spreader it looked like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this