North Shore Tractor Club Raffle Tractor

Last year we restored a 1950 C demonstrator for scholarship funds for students wanting to go into some of the trades. We have three $ 1000 scholarships to hand out this Spring. 

So this year we are restoring a 1941 B,  here are some pics of our progress.

So far all has gone very good, the most difficult part was getting the pto seal out as you can see it is all in pieces.

On the steering post there a square box like with the starter switch mounted. It has a IHC logo cast in it. I have never seen this before, is it factory installed?

Every Tuesday a group of us work on this for a couple of hours in my shop, hope to have it done by the end of March for the St. Urho's Day parade in Finland Mn.

DSCF4001.JPG

DSCF4002.JPG

DSCF4003.JPG

DSCF4004.JPG

DSCF4005.JPG

DSCF4006.JPG

DSCF4007.JPG

DSCF4008.JPG

DSCF4010.JPG

DSCF4014.JPG

DSCF4015.JPG

DSCF4017.JPG

DSCF4019.JPG

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
14 hours ago, KWRB said:

let me know. I'll buy a ticket.

Tickets are $5. Drawing will be Sept. 21st. need not be present. If you win and don't want the tractor, club will buy back for $500. All new tires, rings, bearings, all seals replaced, new u joint on steering, new battery and box, buddy seat, steering wheel, alternator, electronic ignition.

This is for scholarship funds for students that want to go into one of the trades. In the past two years we've given out nine $1000 scholarships. Some will be graduating this Spring. Today we start interviewing one of the students. He will be going to a heavy equipment operator school in Staples Mn. The end of the month some from our club will be going to Mecums action to see if we can get a tractor for next years raffle. Got to be a bit picky as parts can be soooo expensive which cuts down on scholarship funds. The last two tractors we've done were donated and even so we've put over $2000 in each. If any are interested in tickets mail me  geraldsundberg911@yahoo.com

We started her up yesterday and she sounds good even without the muffler ! Smoothed right out after adjusting the carb. abit and the distributor . We'll be taking her on a few rides and across the Mack this Summer. Maybe some of you will see her go!  If this weather ever warms a bit I'll get the tin sand blasted so's we can finish the painting.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, augercreek said:

Tickets are $5. Drawing will be Sept. 21st. need not be present. If you win and don't want the tractor, club will buy back for $500. All new tires, rings, bearings, all seals replaced, new u joint on steering, new battery and box, buddy seat, steering wheel, alternator, electronic ignition.

Take someone crazy to not want to get the tractor if they won seeing the job done restoring it

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, bitty said:

Take someone crazy to not want to get the tractor if they won seeing the job done restoring it

Yes every one of us are coveting it and would really like to own it !

• 2 weeks later...

Here she is out of the shop ready to go! Hauled her up to Finland Mn. for the St. Urhos' day parade yesterday. About a two hour long parade, many thought she looked real nice. Sold a few tickets too.

DSCF4050.JPG

DSCF4051.JPG

DSCF4052.JPG

DSCF4053.JPG

DSCF4056.JPG

DSCF4054.JPG

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

Good to here someone young won it, got to get the young people interested. And another good thing, it's not going far.

DWF

• Like 1