FarmallFan

Good things come to those who wait

1 hour ago, btred1466 said:

I guess that was done quick. Tractor looks great BJ.

Nice work Matt.

It was fifteen months of work. We just decided to show the project all at once instead of posting as the project unfolded in real time.

• Like 1

I don't know anything about the 86 series tractor,  but I sure can tell that tractor means something to you Farmall Fan!  From the pictures,  your choice of IHC5488 to fix it up was good call

Matt does awesome work ! That looks nice in every way possible. Like that the loader is on it. I have a 2000 and 2001 loader to restore one for on my 400 or 450 as I grew up on the seat of a 450 with a great bend loader that I regretfully didn't buy at the sale at the age of 17

Matt is one of the best .

Very nice BJ.  Thanks for the pics.  enjoy

Dennis

I love the hydros. That 186 looks phenomenal. Only problem I see is its too nice to use now. 😃 

• Haha 1

Very nice!  Love the attention to detail on the cab.  I take it the original cab was beyond saving from rust?

22 minutes ago, 460 said:

Very nice!  Love the attention to detail on the cab.  I take it the original cab was beyond saving from rust?

Correct. All the years as a silage packer took their toll.

16 hours ago, IHC5488 said:

If I may, I will add some of my favorites!

IMG_20180916_152744377_HDR.thumb.jpg.f90c4868813204d7dff0a5bdf8bdf71f.jpgIMG_20180827_144908452.thumb.jpg.5ae1147552148dee15d02596a4a1a614.jpgIMG_20180704_185620708_HDR.thumb.jpg.a318c4607c34b7f13c2f53ca162730ce.jpgIMG_20180818_203051342.thumb.jpg.18bc7266e2a11eea73db9e9dc5f8468e.jpg

Never seen a cab lifted in that manner before makes me nervous I always used the step mounts and a spreader bar on the back to lift  them cabs from the very bottom

Beautiful work!  Wish my stuff came out that nice.

Very nice BJ.  I can only imagine how big the smile on your face will be the first time you get in and drive it...

Beautiful!!! Absolutely Beautiful!!! Looking forward to seeing it in person.

Looks great- they did a great job. 👍🏻

2 hours ago, 2+2 Guy said:

Beautiful!!! Absolutely Beautiful!!! Looking forward to seeing it in person.

I'll let you know when its home. 

On 1/10/2019 at 9:32 PM, FarmallFan said:

Time to get the loader back on.

LoaderGoingOn2.jpg

LoaderGoingOn1.jpg

LoaderGoingOn3.jpg

LoaderGoingOn8.jpg

I'm not sure who Matt's helpers are in the that last photo but I certainly thank them for the help!

Those are my 2 brothers, they always enjoy my IH projects and lending a hand when needed.  If you noticed in these photos where we have it on the forks of the other tractor, the 2455 upper loader boom will sit perfectly balanced as well on that center reinforcement tube.  We only grabbed the arms to avoid scratching paint and to line up the pin holes.

7 hours ago, 460 said:

There was a couple of birds nest in it and a hole in the corner the size of a volleyball.

6 hours ago, ksfarmdude said:

Never seen a cab lifted in that manner before makes me nervous I always used the step mounts and a spreader bar on the back to lift  them cabs from the very bottom

All the cabs at the Farmall plant were lifted this way,. Not with 6x6 of course.  Remove the doors and place beam against the front side of the "B" post and the cab will hang perfectly balanced.  At the Farmall plant they used a metal beam, one on top and one on the underside as I have it and it basically sandwich the cab for stability and was lowered down onto the assembly line as the tractor chassis went by.  If a boom truck is not available you can use another loader or skid steer to do the same thing thru the rear window.

• Like 1

Wow that looks amazing! I especially like the idea of restoring and reinstalling the loader 

quite a difference you could run it by  hinsdale ? (the golf course) for updated photos in the brochure 

the only thing I noticed was that old paint pot left a loft of $$$ paint on the floor,

have wanted one of those LPHV systems from TP  t & E in ohio  but dont  use enough to  have it set around

11 hours ago, IHC5488 said:

All the cabs at the Farmall plant were lifted this way,. Not with 6x6 of course.  Remove the doors and place beam against the front side of the "B" post and the cab will hang perfectly balanced.  At the Farmall plant they used a metal beam, one on top and one on the underside as I have it and it basically sandwich the cab for stability and was lowered down onto the assembly line as the tractor chassis went by.  If a boom truck is not available you can use another loader or skid steer to do the same thing thru the rear window.

what would that cab weigh? is that a wooden beam?  doesn't it lift against the headliner and cause damage? when I removed cabs on our Deere's with the SGB's I used a special lift tool that slid through slots in the very bottom edges of the cab and used a loader tractor it worked super all the weight was supported thur the bottom chassis and I always did the same with any cabs to avoid any kind of damage using a loader tractor also gives you perfect balance and realignment capabilities looks like a very nice job I always liked the 186 models they really shine on loaders like your doing and light work mowing , baling , raking , great tractors