jworley

Cool 650 pics

I was spreading fertilizer for a customer this morning, this 650 industrial was sitting in the edge of the field so I took a few pictures of it.

73D5479D-1441-4E84-BE0E-1115F5A5A860.jpeg

44CBBA04-15EA-415C-9F46-864FCF7CDB7D.jpeg

78C2358A-35E1-45EE-823C-DBA19B8FECBC.jpeg

7E0668BD-FE2E-4F71-ADFD-634A9FA4B275.jpeg

5794F00E-3E40-41CB-A1BD-E6C0D1826997.jpeg

B0EE3E6F-3855-4B77-BA56-F0683818BF1F.jpeg

6F0961C1-E2E7-484D-9A49-323A10487D0C.jpeg

2B0D30C9-F7E2-4D41-927E-455B59621294.jpeg

0EC280FB-DFE3-49A0-8D6A-9828D8B9617A.jpeg

1C63621D-7597-488E-B207-03A7D405DBB5.jpeg

• Like 6

Cool I’d love to put those hubs and some 23.1x26’s on the back of one of ours and the hand clutch also 

Is the linkage in the 6th picture just above the starter and below the fuel filters for a decelerator? Saw where there was maybe the hole for it in the floor plate, but didn't see the pedal. 

Wonder how anybody drove it with that hand clutch.  650s are collectable so wonder how rare or collectable this one would be since its an industrial?

That would be a cool restoration project 

1 hour ago, Big Bud guy said:

Wonder how anybody drove it with that hand clutch.  650s are collectable so wonder how rare or collectable this one would be since its an industrial?

I have a WD-9 with a hand clutch and it's not a problem.

1 hour ago, kal said:

I have a WD-9 with a hand clutch and it's not a problem.

It is just the JD haters that can’t run a hand clutch.  We never had a problem running JD ,IH or case hand clutches.

He'll of a lot easier running a baler or combine with a hand clutch .

On 1/8/2019 at 7:36 PM, Big Bud guy said:

650s are collectable so wonder how rare or collectable this one would be since its an industrial?

I had the same thought.  I wonder if the owner has any idea what he may potentially have there?

I always thought the Industrials were discontinued at the time of the Supers- No Super I9, I600 or I650. if I am incorrect I would love to see/read any literature etc on the topic

so other than the yellow paint what makes this tractor an industrial? it doesn't even have the big solid front hubs like an I9

Must be pretty rare.  BK

What are the chances 23xx is correct hours?

56 minutes ago, IKS said:

What are the chances 23xx is correct hours?

Probably pretty close. Those tractors were old antiques when they were 20 years old. It would be like having a 8950 parked in the weeds now days because they weren’t the newest latest model.

A lot of them were painted by contractors and used for rollers and discs and whatever. I have a yellow WD-9 that has red paint under the yellow. I have several pieces of literature for the Super WD-9 and haven't seen anything about an industrial model. Same with the 650's.

9 hours ago, IKS said:

He'll of a lot easier running a baler or combine with a hand clutch .

Actually I think this type of hand clutch doesn't give it any live PTO at all just makes it similar to the JD hand clutch

5 hours ago, bitty said:

Actually I think this type of hand clutch doesn't give it any live PTO at all just makes it similar to the JD hand clutch

I don’t think 650s had live pto. The 660 and 806s did with hand clutch. Guys liked hand clutches if they started to slip you could adjust them a bit and go more. Another thing is some old plows if tongue unhooked from hitting rock they tied a rope to clutch lever to stop tractor.

• Like 1

Would be nice yard art at the very least.

• Like 1