dads706

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

On 1/7/2019 at 9:42 AM, Atilathehun99 said:

FTR (means "for the record") I own 2 Silverado's, and one Mariner. 

Could it be that Atila is a closet Republican with brown arms?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, EquipmentJunkie said:

were talking about her last week........several interviews of Ocastro-Cortez: 

Chum of mine abbreviates the name - "Occasional Cortex".

best, randy

• Haha 2

I'll preface this that I think AOC is quite possibly the most retarded person in politics today, (trump is still a very close second) her 70% figure, from what I understand, is being misreported. I think she wants a 70% bracket, not 70% across the board. This will only affect 1% of the highest 1% in the nation.

That being said, taxation is theft, and we shouldn't pay any taxes, period.

• Like 1

On 1/4/2019 at 4:09 PM, red211 said:

Batten down the hatches boys, it could be a wild ride.

Think the ride starts tonight when Trump speaks from OO.

On 1/4/2019 at 4:55 PM, hanniedog said:

More like girl of your night mares.

Can you imagine a date with that??

On 1/4/2019 at 7:37 PM, zleinenbach said:

The thing I’ve wondered is what’s going to be the Fort Sumpter issue? What’s going to start civil war 2? Seems the country is split 50/50 on dang  near everything 

Join the Convention of States movement.  it is our only hope!!

• Like 5

On 1/5/2019 at 7:01 PM, Atilathehun99 said:

Agree 100+%.  And for years Democrats have been all-in for Congress to consider, debate, propose, and pass comprehensive immigration reform.  For years Repubs in Congress have chosen to not do so.  FACT: look it up.

Both sides get to much money from outsiders.  needs to stop!!

• Like 3

On 1/5/2019 at 7:11 PM, Atilathehun99 said:

LOL.  So OT let's put you again on the record re: this "wall".

Do you or don't you feel the current Gov't shut-down should be 100% dependent on Drumpf's demand for funding  a "wall" (which you don't feel would be effective) ?

I know you'll expand but a simple "Yes" of "No" is all that I ask.

If He backs down now the same thing will happen as with Reagan.  we will all be screwed.  "WE" elected him to make waves and fix problems.  And yes the wall will help but is not the total answer.  So get behind America!!!!

• Like 5

On 1/6/2019 at 7:23 PM, Atilathehun99 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong....

To my understanding for the last two years the Repubs have had control of the House, Senate, and the WH.  And somehow now it's the Demorats's fault for the shut-down re" wall funding?

WHERE WHERE THE POWER'S IN CONTROL THAT COULD HAVE FUNDED THE "WALL" BEEN FOR THE LAST TWO YEARS?

And, how is Drumpt's campaing promise that Mexico will pay for the wall goin?  Check in the mail maybe?  LOL

House voted for a good Fix.  Requires 60 votes in the Senate.  we did/do not have that from republicans.  so NO republicans have not controlled the senate.  if you believed the mexico will pay for the wall I have a scrap pile to sell you and call it an new IH.  that was campaigning.  and I think the new Trade agreement with mexico will actually pay for a wall

2 hours ago, Rich said:

House voted for a good Fix.  Requires 60 votes in the Senate.  we did/do not have that from republicans.  so NO republicans have not controlled the senate.  if you believed the mexico will pay for the wall I have a scrap pile to sell you and call it an new IH.  that was campaigning.  and I think the new Trade agreement with mexico will actually pay for a wall

I actually think that with a wall built it will almost completely solve the worst problems at the border. The angle of Mexico paying for it is possible that with the wall built a good deal can be negotiated that any legal workers will pay X% to fund it in a round about way

1 hour ago, bitty said:

I actually think that with a wall built it will almost completely solve the worst problems at the border. The angle of Mexico paying for it is possible that with the wall built a good deal can be negotiated that any legal workers will pay X% to fund it in a round about way

Tax all the money illegals are sending/wiring BACK TO MEXICO 

The wall will be paid in short order.

I think we shouldn’t worry about who’s paying for the wall, but concerned and worried about who’s paying for the National debt🤯

It either all starts tonight, or the end is here...’specially with the left winged media threatening to censor POTUS speech. Aka- time delaying it , because we all know their damned afraid of what he’s going to say will resonate with the country!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Rich said:

I assume you're a proud American patriot, as am I.  I do wonder if your statement ^^^ though is more based in wish than in truth?  I don't mean to be condescending but I must point out the error your statement.

• The 115th Senate was comprised of 50 Repubs and 45 Democrats
  • The current 116th is comprised of 53 Repubs and 45 Democrats
  • The Senate majority leader (SML) in the 115th and 116th was and is Mitch McConnell (R) Kentucky
  • The requirement to pass legislation w/ 60 votes is a Senate Rule and not mandated in the COTUS
  • Legislation requiring a 60 vote quorum is the exception to the rule (not commonly required)
  • The H. Reid led Senate amended rules to allow confirmation of POTUS nominated Federal Judges w/ only 50+ votes (previously 60)
  • The M. McConnell led Senate expanded that rule change to reduce the number of confirmation to the SCOTUS to only 50+ votes (previously 60)
  • Nothing, reaches the floor of the Senate for a vote w/out the Senate Majority leader allowing it.
  • The above is concrete evidence that the party contolling the Senate has almost total control of what passes through it.

And about "The Wall"....

I agree, Drumpf's "Mexico will pay for the Wall" campaign drivel was just that....campaign speak.  I would hope you saw through that then.......many didn't, and still haven't.  His back tract now is to imply they will "pay for it" in other means.  If that's the case why are we now Americans being asked for US taxpayers to foot the bill to the tune of $5+ BILLION dollars to build the "WALL"?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Atilathehun99 said:

I assume you're a proud American patriot, as am I.  I do wonder if your statement ^^^ though is more based in wish than in truth?  I don't mean to be condescending but I must point out the error your statement.

• The 115th Senate was comprised of 50 Repubs and 45 Democrats
  • The current 116th is comprised of 53 Repubs and 45 Democrats
  • The Senate majority leader (SML) in the 115th and 116th was and is Mitch McConnell (R) Kentucky
  • The requirement to pass legislation w/ 60 votes is a Senate Rule and not mandated in the COTUS
  • Legislation requiring a 60 vote quorum is the exception to the rule (not commonly required)
  • The H. Reid led Senate amended rules to allow confirmation of POTUS nominated Federal Judges w/ only 50+ votes (previously 60)
  • The M. McConnell led Senate expanded that rule change to reduce the number of confirmation to the SCOTUS to only 50+ votes (previously 60)
  • Nothing, reaches the floor of the Senate for a vote w/out the Senate Majority leader allowing it.
  • The above is concrete evidence that the party contolling the Senate has almost total control of what passes through it.

And about "The Wall"....

I agree, Drumpf's "Mexico will pay for the Wall" campaign drivel was just that....campaign speak.  I would hope you saw through that then.......many didn't, and still haven't.  His back tract now is to imply they will "pay for it" in other means.  If that's the case why are we now Americans being asked for US taxpayers to foot the bill to the tune of $5+ BILLION dollars to build the "WALL"?

So, explain to me again how cloture works.

• Like 1

Cortez I do not trust. These three, I DO!

image.thumb.png.3f979797a96ca3cd8d7803b65a1bc75e.png

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

21 hours ago, bitty said:

I actually think building a wall will solve none of the worst problems we have at our ports of entry because a southern border wall only address a very tiny fraction of our total number of ports of entry.  Forget about the cost.  If the wall were free and could be up tomorrow I dont think it really changes the game at all.  No more so than a moat filled with alligators would.

Lets say the majority of Americans want a wall,  Id argue they dont, but lets say they do.  Bang the wall is now up,  its 100' tall and made of kryptonite or whatever you like, and its paid for already by Mexico.

If Im a mexican drug lord, why dont I just load up a boat south of brownsville TX on the coast and make a run up north of South Padre and run ashore there?  I mean if I WERE a drug lord Id already be doing this.  Or flying my own personal plane. Or send a drone or 500 drones.

At any rate,  I think a wall is a mistake but listen,  this isnt just my  country  and if thats what most people want to do and youve at least listened in good faith to my reservations on the subject and tried to consider them, then Im with you.  I may not like it like i dont like Trump but, right now he's it.  Gotta figure something out to get the Govt back open and make some progress.

How about DACA for 2.5b in border security that needs to fund all programs of which money can go to wall fence or whatever is part of that program.

• Like 1

how about while we're at it we get rid of the 25% tariff on steel so we can get five miles of wall ,fence or whatever for the price of four. Won't need to protect the steel industry because of a huge (wasteful?) demand for materials.  Better still, build it with piles of junk cars. the wall doesn't have to look pretty to be effective. cab 

Two topics going here one is the crazy eyed bartender from queens that has no grasp of reality and the other is the border wall. I will let that up to the people that know what we need down there and they all say the wall is what we need.

• Like 1

On 1/8/2019 at 11:25 AM, Indy Farmer said:

I'll preface this that I think AOC is quite possibly the most retarded person in politics today, (trump is still a very close second) her 70% figure, from what I understand, is being misreported. I think she wants a 70% bracket, not 70% across the board. This will only affect 1% of the highest 1% in the nation.

That being said, taxation is theft, and we shouldn't pay any taxes, period.

Without taxation our money will soon be worthless. I don’t like taxes any more than the next person, but that is how our system works. 

2 hours ago, cjf711 said:

I actually think building a wall will solve none of the worst problems we have at our ports of entry because a southern border wall only address a very tiny fraction of our total number of ports of entry.  Forget about the cost.  If the wall were free and could be up tomorrow I dont think it really changes the game at all.  No more so than a moat filled with alligators would.

Lets say the majority of Americans want a wall,  Id argue they dont, but lets say they do.  Bang the wall is now up,  its 100' tall and made of kryptonite or whatever you like, and its paid for already by Mexico.

If Im a mexican drug lord, why dont I just load up a boat south of brownsville TX on the coast and make a run up north of South Padre and run ashore there?  I mean if I WERE a drug lord Id already be doing this.  Or flying my own personal plane. Or send a drone or 500 drones.

At any rate,  I think a wall is a mistake but listen,  this isnt just my  country  and if thats what most people want to do and youve at least listened in good faith to my reservations on the subject and tried to consider them, then Im with you.  I may not like it like i dont like Trump but, right now he's it.  Gotta figure something out to get the Govt back open and make some progress.

How about DACA for 2.5b in border security that needs to fund all programs of which money can go to wall fence or whatever is part of that program.

What a border wall does is to funnel these people to a port of entry,(hopefully) allowing those who are defending our ports of entry the ability to effectively do their job. Essentially what we have now is border defenders chasing their tail patrolling the entire border instead of actually being able to process the individuals who wish to be here legally.

Those who don’t will still be paying coyotes/ smugglers to circumvent any border wall, but why should we just throw up our hands (or sit on them) and not do any?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1