Guy on another forum says that cleaning up and old farm they found stacks on IH suitcase weights. He was wondering if they had any value. If not they will be going into a rolloff for scrap. Now I know what you pay for them here between the collectors and the pullers.....he's someplace out in mid to west PA.

Rick

40 minutes ago, oldtanker said:

Guy on another forum says that cleaning up and old farm they found stacks on IH suitcase weights. He was wondering if they had any value. If not they will be going into a rolloff for scrap. Now I know what you pay for them here between the collectors and the pullers.....he's someplace out in mid to west PA.

Rick

Is this a teaser???? 

We need a name and number......

They have no value but it is illegal to scrap them, Fed law states finder must ship them to a rescue ranch in Northern Ne. I can provide the address.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

I'm sure there's a couple dozen guys on this forum that would leave in an hour to pick them up where ever they are for 50 cents a pound.  It's actually hard to find them for a Buck a Pound anymore.  If you get some at an auction for that or less you are lucky.

31 minutes ago, bitty said:

We need a name and number......

near Sunbury. YT tractor talk forum

What religion has a requirement for suitcase weights that can drive the cost of scrap cast iron to over $1. per pound? Which is  approaching  the cost of the freaking grade 70, 1/2" chain per pound.

1 hour ago, ny bill o said:

near Sunbury. YT tractor talk forum

Yep, that's all I know, cept that I could use a full set for a 1206.

Rick

1 minute ago, oleman said:

What religion has a requirement for suitcase weights that can drive the cost of scrap cast iron to over $1. per pound? Which is  approaching  the cost of the freaking grade 70, 1/2" chain per pound.

Guess you have to worship at the alter of IH 🤣😈!

Rick

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, oldtanker said:

Guess you have to worship at the alter of IH 🤣😈!

Rick

It has become a weird world when ballast pig iron costs the same as high quality tow chain.

Just now, oleman said:

It has become a weird world when ballast pig iron costs the same as high quality tow chain.

Well the deal is that they ain't making IH weights anymore.......

Rick

Im surprised there hasnt been a knife fight yet!

2 hours ago, DOCTOR EVIL said:

I'm sure there's a couple dozen guys on this forum that would leave in an hour to pick them up where ever they are for 50 cents a pound.  It's actually hard to find them for a Buck a Pound anymore.  If you get some at an auction for that or less you are lucky.

Every time I had them on an auction I never got much. The last 20 I had on a sale ended up at $1400 total for all 20, 100# ones.

Around here 75 lbs. bring $80.00 a piece.  100 depends on are they IH and what stile.  I have seen them as low as 80 to has high as 100.  I personnel like to use only 75 lbs. if possible easier to move.

On 1/4/2019 at 1:57 PM, oleman said:

It's called the Church of the John Deere Tractor Puller and Latter Day Saints.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Matt Kirsch said:

It's called the Church of the John Deere Tractor Puller and Latter Day Saints.

This ^^^^^ although it reaffirms the fact that they think that IH engineered things better since they are not using green and yeller weights

On 1/4/2019 at 10:38 AM, sandhiller said:

They have no value but it is illegal to scrap them, Fed law states finder must ship them to a rescue ranch in Northern Ne. I can provide the address.

Just as long as they don’t go to Texas where all the 12-1456’s wind up 😎

sorry Long Farms just had to say it. 

• Haha 4