Farmall1066

Overhaul kits

5 hours ago, IHRedDrive said:

Exactly. OEM means nothing if CIH isn't building the kit. 

Sorry, what i get for reading and typing while eating. Lol. I would hope no matter where CIH is getting their parts that they would meet or exceed original specs and quality tho as old as this stuff is getting maybe management is not that worried about it?

3 hours ago, DirtBoyz07 said:

Last time I checked you can't get a complete kit from Case IH , one sleeve and piston at a time and all the gaskets separate . I talked to our Hy Cap rep and before they went to Maxforce I was trying to get them to go talk to Federal Mogal and have them start making the dry sleeve kits and the wet sleeved kits for the smaller IH motors. Like I said before , pay a few hundred dollars more and not have to worry about the quality , I hate doing stuff twice especially on my dollar .

We used OEM and the Red Power overhaul kits for my entire carrier at IH and Case IH and I can honestly tell all of you never had one problem , ever !! This sucks that the small guys get bought out and there goes the quality goes down the tube .

Danny 

Yea you can get individually piston and sleeve kits at 400.00 some dollars a pop each x 4 Case IH are exstrordinarlly high

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, iowaboy1965 said:

Sorry, what i get for reading and typing while eating. Lol. I would hope no matter where CIH is getting their parts that they would meet or exceed original specs and quality tho as old as this stuff is getting maybe management is not that worried about it?

Been there done that lol. I would think the same thing if they are selling from the dealership. Hard to tell where management is on sustaining parts for these old machines. Sometimes I'll go to Bane-Welker our CIH dealer, the parts available, price is right and real good quality. Other times not so much.

We have a 1480, 1586, 966, and 826 all using Clevite kits and no issues. Actually got a couple from caseih dealer and a couple from engine rebuild shop, both places recommended them, we can't complain. Just my 2 cents.

I got a reliance kit on my 966, with the pistons for the D414 not DT414, and installed the piston oil squirters, bigger water and oil pump, 6 blade fan, etc. I installed an S2E turbo and have the pump maxed out, and I've never had any issues with it. I run it on a 20ft Bush hog, multiple tractor pulls pushing 30+ psi and 1400° EGTs, etc. and have never had any issues whatsoever. Starts right up in the cold and and always runs great. 

I have installed reliance kits in D358, D407,D436,and D466's and have had good luck with them so far, just my 2 cents.