Found this on an abandoned farm today

On 1/4/2019 at 11:34 PM, Delta Dirt said:

L-P powered tractors were real popular here in the Delta area during the 50--60--and early 70's.  Most farm pick-ups also were set up on L-P--------so most pickups carried a filler hose along for fueling tractors in the field.

Clean burning fuel and long lasting engines were plus features-------but the primary appeal here in the Delta (with our predominantly black work force) was that L-P was a much more theft proof fuel than the easily siphoned and transported gasoline.

Not made as a racist statement-------just a known fact if you farmed here.

DD

I remembered seeing this photo in a 1967 Buyers guide.

001 (Large).jpg

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If he doesn`t want bothered, a hand written letter [in cursive if you know how] would give him your name/address/phone number and even an "offer" to allow him to absorb it at his pace.  Phone cal

They are pretty cool in my opinion. They definitely stand out in the crowd. Here's a couple pictures of mine. Should have a 856 L.P. to go with the 656 & 756 lp's but they don't come along very of

You hit the nail on the head, I am just the opposite and find value in stuff I shouldn't and always think "it can be saved". That is why I have too many projects to ever finish in my lifetime. Some pe

Posted Images

You do have "carb" adjustments with L-P for load and idle richness-------but no liquid float adjustment nor jet sizing. 

Most L-P techs refer to what is commonly referred to as the "carb" as the "mixer".

L-P might be a little more forgiving on the fuel adjustments--------in reality, if everything is really right with the L-P fuel system--------you should not smell it in the exhaust.

That said-------and I have never been able to lean out my F-700 bob truck enough so to not smell the exhaust.🙄

Most problems I ever encountered with L-P  were ignition related.  Ignition needs to be spot on.

DD

On 1/5/2019 at 1:09 AM, mmi said:

And I like your analogy. Boil on a supermodel. So I'm gonna be a smart a$$ and ask a question. Does this mean you think Eva Mendes and Cindy Crawford are ugly cause they have "moles" on their faces?😁

The one on Anne Francis was a bit of a turn off,but surgery then would have been worse.

I understand it was meant to be funny.

But a mole a boil are very different! Unless the mole has a hair. Barf.

On 1/2/2019 at 5:24 AM, Old-F20 said:

All it takes is time and money to bring them back. And NO, i dont need a second one either......lol

15134603_1513649691997595_1732629127869172334_n.jpg

20170801_111510.jpg

Rusty S. has a spot in his shop 😀😀

On 1/3/2019 at 5:58 PM, sandhiller said:

You hit the nail on the head, I am just the opposite and find value in stuff I shouldn't and always think "it can be saved". That is why I have too many projects to ever finish in my lifetime. Some people, you ask them what kind of car they drive and they reply "blue".

Dont feel alone sandhiller i have the same problem to many projects trying to work a 60 hour week job and farm! Wife says im nuts people at work think im crazy! Atleast we can get on here and talk about our problems with other people who understand! Hahaha 

• Like 2