Did all 66 and 86 series use the ambac 100

dale560

None of the tractors came out with the Bosch inline pump.  Late 1400 combines did as I recall.  

I think someone stated that the Super 70's had the inline pump as per the 2+2 thread going on..... 

3 minutes ago, billonthefarm said:

Late 5488’s had a in-line model MW

I'm sorry...  my bad.  I honestly wasn't sure if they did or not, but the OP asked about the 66/86's.  I meant none of them.  

6 minutes ago, TP from Central PA said:

Thought Ken U had in his book they had of run of some 86's with inline pumps?  Only 200 or somethings?

Yes it has been on here before also. Something like that a couple hundred of the 86s actually came with inline pumps. And if I remember it was early ones also .

2 minutes ago, dale560 said:

Yes it has been on here before also. Something like that a couple hundred of the 86s actually came with inline pumps. And if I remember it was early ones also .

I don't remember much if any chatter on here about it.  These were just 10's and 14's if I recall from the book.....no 15's then?

I just checked the book.  It does state that in 1979 a "run" of 1086 and 1486 tractors were made with the Bosch inline pump.  Doesn't list how many. 

Either way, it was a test run, and not the "norm".  He states the tractors were harder to start.  

I had two TD15-C dozers. One was a 1973 which had the rotary pump.The other was a 1978 but it had a newer engine, a DT468 with an in line pump Who ever had it before me must have had a new engine put in it at some point before I got it.

DWF

On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 9:16 PM, DWF said:

I had two TD15-C dozers. One was a 1973 which had the rotary pump.The other was a 1978 but it had a newer engine, a DT468 with an in line pump Who ever had it before me must have had a new engine put in it at some point before I got it.

DWF

I had a customer that had several 175c crawlers early ones had rotarys later ones in lines.

The 4386 had the rotary pump, but it had an extra boost operated control mounted on the top, so it was different.   Supposed to help limit overfueling.

Archived