Rktman

IH 706 Hydraulic Ports

I'm sure this has been asked but I couldn't find it.  I've used the side (console) ports on my 706 to run an older loader. 

I'm putting a different loader on and cant seem to get it to work. Which port is the pressure port (top or bottom) with the lever tied back?

It may be the Cross spool valve but it seems to match the hose layout of my older valve.

Thanks

Both ports are pressure.  Both are also return.  Depends with way you push the hydraulic lever as to which is which. 

Yes, I was wondering which port was pressure with the lever back..

27 minutes ago, Rktman said:

Yes, I was wondering which port was pressure with the lever back..

Pull the lever with it running and the loader plugged in.  You'll be able to figure it out real fast.  Not many people, if anyone, would know that without figuring it out.  Most of us plug hydraulics in and try it.  If it doesn't work correctly,  just reverse the hoses.  Easy peezy. 

Are you sure you don’t have the hoses crossed off the newer loader? As in one to the lift cylinders and one to the bucket cylinders? 

At the very least I would expect the hoses to “jump” or “wiggle” when you pressurized the circuit 

Sometimes male and female tips and couplers do not play nice together.  Plug a cylinder on something else into ports in question and give it a go as the Brits say.

• Like 1

Are you trying to use one remote on the tractor to feed a double spool valve on the new loader? Then tie back the handle on the tractor and use the levers on the loader? If so you may have a closed center spool on the loader which will not work with a 706 IH which is open center.

Yes, I'm using one remote to power the 2 spool valve. I thought it might be the Cross valve set to be closed center but it seems to match open center configuration (as best I can tell).

It is a Cross model 1Z0202, the return line is plumbed into the BYD side of the valve and it is plugged on the other outlet port. I'm getting flow through inlet and outlet hoses with the tractor remote lever tied back, just no power with the spool valve engaged. I double checked hose configuration and the lift and  bucket cylinders are not mixed up according to the Cross diagram. Any input is appreciated.

20181224_120333.jpg

Real quick....

Is the loader valve a joystick valve?  In case you don't know what I mean, does it only have one "stick" you operate with your hand to work the loader?

Does your 706 have 2 hydraulic remotes or just one? 

1 minute ago, J-Mech said:

Real quick....

Is the loader valve a joystick valve?  In case you don't know what I mean, does it only have one "stick" you operate with your hand to work the loader?

Does your 706 have 2 hydraulic remotes or just one? 

Yes, joystick Morse MK2. 2 remotes on the 706 

Why don't you try running the loader off the tractor hydraulics directly since it has 2 spools.  We don't seem to be getting through to you how to figure this out, so try that and see if it works. Lots of good suggestions here with no response from you.....

Working with hose lengths I have for now. For that other BS, I will just say Merry Christmas.

• Haha 2

If you have flow through the valve that tells me that you are not getting oil from the valve to the implement (loader).   I see that you have quick couplers between the valve and the loader.  I would suspect that your problem is there.....

Try plumbing your return into the other port in your picture. That should give you return flow from your spool valve. I use the power beyond to go to 2 spool valve on my add on 3 pt on my SM.

IMG_20181225_102044906_HDR.jpg

Figured it out and Yes, that was the problem. I plugged the BYD port and used the rear outlet and it worked as it should. Apparently I was just recirculating hyd fluid with other setup.

Also, if anyone cares, the pressure is on the lower port of the 706 side mounted remotes when lever is pulled back.

Thanks

• Like 1

Been following your thread. I'm not to good on Hyd. so I didn't know where to start. Glad to hear you got it fixed.