I need some information im new to this just bought a used TD7E 1979 had a issue with the turning to the right ,purchased all the manuals , took fuel tank off and cover of steering system which was the biggest pain to do .. i was finally able to see the brake shoes etc i did locate the adjusting nut on out side and did make the adjustment , wondering if i should change the brake shoes or does anyone know what the minimum spec of the pads supposed to be , or opinion while i have the cover off jsut do them the cost of new one are running $250.00 to 330.00 each for new ones . Thanks 

3 hours ago, Tom410 said:

I need some information im new to this just bought a used TD7E 1979 had a issue with the turning to the right ,purchased all the manuals , took fuel tank off and cover of steering system which was the biggest pain to do .. i was finally able to see the brake shoes etc i did locate the adjusting nut on out side and did make the adjustment , wondering if i should change the brake shoes or does anyone know what the minimum spec of the pads supposed to be , or opinion while i have the cover off jsut do them the cost of new one are running $250.00 to 330.00 each for new ones . Thanks 

Lining thickness for steering clutches and brakes is .141-.147. Be sure whoever does the bonding knows that they run in oil.