Can't resist a 1466

So the boys added a 1466 to the collection. A couple pictures of the ole heifer. They first installed the chrome pipe (no tractors here without a chrome pipe) set it for 30 in. rows and then of course had to put on the ice and snow insurance. She runs out nearly perfect, has almost 11,000 hrs.

KIMG0720.jpg

KIMG0724.jpg

• Like 8

I like it, especially the weights

• Like 1
3 hours ago, redturbo said:

Nice looking ‘66.  Can do close of the weights?  I like mount a bunch to mine.  Thanks 

First six sets are on with all thread. Nut on each side of the wheel and then on the outside weight of course. The outside weight of those six must be a split weight with the impression for the nut to be in. Outside sets are on with the standard IH jam bolts used on the outside sedge. I will try to get some pictures.

40 minutes ago, INTERNATIONAL 1466 said:

First six sets are on with all thread. Nut on each side of the wheel and then on the outside weight of course. The outside weight of those six must be a split weight with the impression for the nut to be in. Outside sets are on with the standard IH jam bolts used on the outside sedge. I will try to get some pictures.

any need for all the weights or is it just for looks ?

4 minutes ago, INTERNATIONAL 1466 said:

In the snow and the ice, you are pretty much helpless in the cattle business without the weight. Never had a set of chains and never any fluid either.

those tractors were power houses I had one and I pulled 6-16's plow like nothing was behind it  ,mine was a red stripe with red deluxe cab 20.38 tires 

23 hours ago, INTERNATIONAL 1466 said:

So the boys added a 1466 to the collection. A couple pictures of the ole heifer. They first installed the chrome pipe (no tractors here without a chrome pipe) set it for 30 in. rows and then of course had to put on the ice and snow insurance. She runs out nearly perfect, has almost 11,000 hrs.

KIMG0720.jpg

KIMG0724.jpg

Looks like a great addition to your collection. Love the nice original paint to👍

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Long Farms said:

Long axles, love em!

We love the look of the long axles too. Not many around our country. They really are shed and fence wreckers though when set narrow they really stick out there. Will probably put ten bolt hubs on it in the spring when we take the weights off. Something a little more obvious hanging out there as a reminder.

Nice! Boy we wouldnt be without tire chains on our 966 but we dont go down the road a lot in the winter either. We have weights on it too but not that many. Looks pretty sweet.

I wouldn’t have a pole shed left standing.lol. Heck I wiped out a 6x6 on my new barn with my 766 the first day and they are standard axles. 🤦‍♂️  I said....yah I got that clear (crash snap pop) dam%#^€ sh&& fu&&&’! Just took the corner off luckily this new growth lumber it didn’t do worse.  Used to I would of hollered at Dad for a week about that now it’s me tearing things up. 

ANYWAY very nice 14 as all of yours are nice. Jealous 

11 hours ago, Missouri Mule said:

I wouldn’t have a pole shed left standing.lol. Heck I wiped out a 6x6 on my new barn with my 766 the first day and they are standard axles. 🤦‍♂️  I said....yah I got that clear (crash snap pop) dam%#^€ sh&& fu&&&’! Just took the corner off luckily this new growth lumber it didn’t do worse.  Used to I would of hollered at Dad for a week about that now it’s me tearing things up. 

ANYWAY very nice 14 as all of yours are nice. Jealous 

Thanks, we have our share of axle dingers here too. Usually happens because of ice, snow or mud. 

If you install a set of these the axle won't stick out as far....

Screenshot_2018-12-19-11-23-54.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
6 minutes ago, bitty said:

If you install a set of these the axle won't stick out as far....

Screenshot_2018-12-19-11-23-54.png

That too! Like those fat donuts, they just are not practical for our set up. Maybe some day when we too many tractors. Is that a thing? Too many tractors, naaah.

• Like 3
17 minutes ago, INTERNATIONAL 1466 said:

That too! Like those fat donuts, they just are not practical for our set up. Maybe some day when we too many tractors. Is that a thing? Too many tractors, naaah.

It’s only a thing when your trying to sell the one you hate. 😎

FOR SALE: “just too many tractors and one has to go” “ need shed space” “Slowing down” 

should just say: I’m pissed at it so it’s for sale. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
7 minutes ago, Gleaner k2 said:

What size of tire is that? Whats it on?

900-60-32 on a 1066. 18-38 next to it on another 1066

IMG_20181214_162753360.jpg