1 minute ago, 5488Duke said:

57cc5ce9a7432_Frontlatch.JPG.b8945ca65050f41bf64924f5f2aa0fd6.JPG57cc5cfbc9bd7_DoorHinge.JPG.e1f2e07dd257f2f07259655cad0b3a3c.JPG57cc5d00a57b5_TopHinge.JPG.a8d94ff6ddd5132e4ec980a719bd128e.JPG57cc5d06b6655_GasShock.JPG.f0ac42a36249ea633331694df79a168f.JPG57cc5d35cd535_DoorInsideTrim.JPG.e632160f29ee2eb9cf1ea180bfcdd140.JPG57cc5df5d3b8b_CopyofDSCF1733.JPG.89e26c518403043d6b49bc971f56f191.JPG57cc5e14d39a2_HandRailTop.JPG.186d1bbad7c5c46902f0917ca40c0815.JPG

Nice!!

I'm going to assume that you still have your RH door from 88 series in tact?

10 hours ago, Mountain Heritage said:

I'm going to assume that you still have your RH door from 88 series in tact?

yes we do, but that side is pretty much block by the monitors and auto steer screens anymore.

• 3 months later...

I have to ask a REALLY dumb question here, must be snow blindness setting in or something.  Just can't wrap my head around this today - Sorry in advance.

Is the shell and doors of a Magnum boxcar exactly the same as the 88 series tractors?  I'm talking shape and dimensions of the roof, doors, LH window, etc.  I understand the boxcar has the hinges at the back of door vs front, and there is NO RH door.  I'm just looking at other similarities.  They sort of look the same to me, but in other pictures they look different.  I've never been around a boxcar, so don't know.

Could you adapt certain pieces from one model to fit the other model?

img.axd

Image result for 3688 international

1 hour ago, brahamfireman said:

According to a conversation I had with Danny Anderson a few years ago, yes they are the same door, just hinged on the back, same cab dimension just different top and interior. 

One of the key factors of making the conversion feasible

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Thesd5488 said:

086A4D45-E7F0-4F7D-A275-A5636ED09833.thumb.jpeg.1d7711b8def65f175d3b65060aa1a05b.jpeghere’s one I’ve been playing with

Nice! And a door conversion too!!!  More pictures if you have some please.  How long this taken you so far?

On 12/22/2018 at 6:47 PM, Ihfan4life said:

My understanding with 2+2’s is the pinch point between the front and rear wheel when you’re at the full turn points. 

Will you have room enough for those steps? I’d hate to see you go through all the trouble to only tear it up first time out.

2 hours ago, Mountain Heritage said:

Nice! And a door conversion too!!!  More pictures if you have some please.  How long this taken you so far?

Takes a few hours to swap the door if you have all the parts it’s much easier to use a magnum door then to put the hinges in your 86-88 door

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Thesd5488 said:

Takes a few hours to swap the door if you have all the parts it’s much easier to use a magnum door then to put the hinges in your 86-88 door

X2 on using the Magnum door to start with.  Like Thresd5488 shows the magnum steps will fit right on with a minor bracket fabrication mounted to the bolts holding the speed and range flanges together just like a magnum does. If you get the door from a used yard, get all of the mounting hinges and door latch and shim plates, then it is easy to just get door into frame and mark out where everything needs mounted.  

• Like 1
On 2/13/2021 at 3:44 PM, Mountain Heritage said:

I have to ask a REALLY dumb question here, must be snow blindness setting in or something.  Just can't wrap my head around this today - Sorry in advance.

Is the shell and doors of a Magnum boxcar exactly the same as the 88 series tractors?  I'm talking shape and dimensions of the roof, doors, LH window, etc.  I understand the boxcar has the hinges at the back of door vs front, and there is NO RH door.  I'm just looking at other similarities.  They sort of look the same to me, but in other pictures they look different.  I've never been around a boxcar, so don't know.

Could you adapt certain pieces from one model to fit the other model?

img.axd

Image result for 3688 international

There are a lot of similarities, but also a lot of changes.  interior back wall was moved back to give more seat room, so fuel tank sits a little further back. Side windows are larger as the back slant that has the black texture and chrome strip on it was removed. Door is the same dimensionally, but window is laid in and glued to frame like all new vehicles, does not use window rubber to encase the window and window flange on door.  Front windows are all glass with only glass caulk holding lower front cab glass together with bottom of windshield, and of course the right side is a full window that hinges at the top and can be opened at the bottom.  Back window is slightly different as the box for cab filter now also holds the cab fan above it so its a little larger and is even with top of cab and sticks out further in the back 

• Thanks 1
9 hours ago, 5488Duke said:

There are a lot of similarities, but also a lot of changes.  interior back wall was moved back to give more seat room, so fuel tank sits a little further back. Side windows are larger as the back slant that has the black texture and chrome strip on it was removed. Door is the same dimensionally, but window is laid in and glued to frame like all new vehicles, does not use window rubber to encase the window and window flange on door.  Front windows are all glass with only glass caulk holding lower front cab glass together with bottom of windshield, and of course the right side is a full window that hinges at the top and can be opened at the bottom.  Back window is slightly different as the box for cab filter now also holds the cab fan above it so its a little larger and is even with top of cab and sticks out further in the back 

Good info!  Thank you for that.  I always find it interesting to read stuff like this.  You guys that list things step by step what has changed over the years is awesome.

I'll bet the wreckers are gonna want my first born for this door IF they even have one.  What's the average price to pay for a used door, hardware, and hopefully not cracked glass?  I know its different in every area, but average???

1 hour ago, Mountain Heritage said:

Good info!  Thank you for that.  I always find it interesting to read stuff like this.  You guys that list things step by step what has changed over the years is awesome.

I'll bet the wreckers are gonna want my first born for this door IF they even have one.  What's the average price to pay for a used door, hardware, and hopefully not cracked glass?  I know its different in every area, but average???

I think the one I got was 1100 

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, Mountain Heritage said:

Doors are expensive and one of the first things sold when good . 

• Sad 1