R.I.P. 5088

Brent1086

13 minutes ago, bitty said:

It certainly can have some salvaged if not a lot. It depends how hot what got on it 

Oh I realize that, but looking at the pics, I don't think I could give up on the ol' girl. It would be one **** of a winter project. 

20 minutes ago, 12_Guy said:

I may be asking a dumb question, but here goes. If I am being ridiculous, go ahead and tell me so. As I said before, sorry for the loss, it's a shame to see a good reliable tractor go up in smoke. My question is,  does anyone think that it could be saved? I realize that it may not be cost effective, but a new cab, tires, wiring, hoses,  paint, etc could make it good again? I personally would rather have that tractor rebuilt than anything new. Just asking if you think it can or should be saved? 

Depends how bad. All that could be saved when ours burnt was maybe the alternator pulley and the dual hubs. To rebuild would make it 100% brand new, and not feasible. But absolutely I've seen alot of tractors that had a fire that wouldn't take much to get it back to normal

I’m actually putting  a 1086 back together that my neighbor had that burned about the same. Got a cab, some miscellaneous parts , the wire harnesses and tires. Maybe I’ll  post a few pictures while I’m at it. 

Archived